The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

YESSSSS.

Voting on how to train the students?

I mean, maybe? The big problem is that you have limited time to train so it becomes a question of "should Lorenz be a good mage or a shitty grappler" and we both know which one everyone is gonna pick. Maybe picking the house, which units I recruit/use, people can vote to force me to use somebody, I dunno. I'm not as comfortable with this game as I was Awakening but I'll probably get to that "I can win if you just do stupid shit who cares" point eventually.

Edited by Sousa
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I mean, maybe? The big problem is that you have limited time to train so it becomes a question of "should Lorenz be a good mage or a shitty grappler" and we both know which one everyone is gonna pick. Maybe picking the house, which units I recruit/use, people can vote to force me to use somebody, I dunno. I'm not as comfortable with this game as I was Awakening but I'll probably get to that "I can win if you just do stupid shit who cares" point eventually.

Shitty grappler! Shitty grappler!

• Like 2

I'd probably let everyone pick at least one character to go totally hog wild with. I did well enough in the Awakening game having a super garbage version of Brady and y'all made me scratch and claw to make Gregor viable so it's possible.

• Like 2

I was wrong, I was not done. I'm guessing a few battles left still. But I'm at the point where I'm ready to speed through. Most characters are in the 39-43 range (with Claude being the exception at like 48), most of my main party are maxing their Master level classes (so I'm training them in other things I suppose) and I've gotten most of the A ranking supports that I wanted to see (Lorenz x Dorothea, Dorothea x Manuela, Claude x Flayn (really enjoyed that one), Claude x Shamir, and Flayn x Raphael were probably all my favorites) with just Felix x Lysithea to go. 

8 of the last 9 battles Claude was the MVP. He's a little good.

The end slides!

I'm sad that it wasn't Lorenz and Dorothea.... But Dorothea and Manuela is ok with me! Raph and Shamir as a wandering couple beating up bandits makes me happy. And Lysthia getting to extend her life! All my babies got happy endings.

I'm curious, do the slides changed based on who A ranked with one another?

Edit: it does change! I'm not sure on the criteria, but looks like people have different endings.

27 minutes ago, Sousa said:

It gave you Dorothea and Manuela!? This goddamn game gave me Dorothea and Lorenz. I was so upset.

How dare you, Dorothea and Lorenz are perfect for one another!

(But yeah, Dorothea and Manuela was super good)

On 15/08/2019 at 06:41, Ruki said:

I like that with new game plus you can up your skill and professor level and even buy mastered skills.

I pretty much used my renown points to boost supports for my "Claude and Raphaels Harem Comedy" run and got people like Bernie and Petra to ask to join in the first month. I think it'll help make interesting builds as well by pumping levels into skills people struggle with and then boosting them at the start of another run through.

On 14/08/2019 at 09:25, Bobfoc said:

Avoiding spoilers, how different is the story according to which house you pick? I'm guessing that the monastery section is more or less the same, but what about the second part?

Due to how unique all the characters are with their own personalities and agendas even the first part feels different since the interactions and discussions are slightly different even around the same basic story beats. I've not finished my second run through yet but I'm about two thirds in, again it shares some story beats but again due to the house leaders agenda it feels different and there has been story changes as I've worked through too I suspect as I come to the conclusion it'll veer off a bit more. As discussed above as well the epilogues will change depending on things that have happened and support ratings.

• Like 1

I just got every recruitable student into my house on New Game+ after only recruiting Dorothea, Sylvain, and Felix the first time through. Surprisingly easy.

Using renown to buy people up to support level B is basically enough--with maybe a lost item or gift--to get the person to join your house. I had Lysithea in the first week and Raphael a week after that and basically got all of Golden Deer plus Sylvain and Felix that way.

So without having to suck up to everyone, I was able to start with the people I'd built up to C the first time through (Ashe, Mercedes) and focus stuff like choir rehearsals and cooking on them. That just left Ingrid and Annette, who I basically showered with gifts. Way easier to do that with two people instead of like twelve.

So I now have every single student in my house before I even have Flayn!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I just got every recruitable student into my house on New Game+ after only recruiting Dorothea, Sylvain, and Felix the first time through. Surprisingly easy.

Using renown to buy people up to support level B is basically enough--with maybe a lost item or gift--to get the person to join your house. I had Lysithea in the first week and Raphael a week after that and basically got all of Golden Deer plus Sylvain and Felix that way.

So without having to suck up to everyone, I was able to start with the people I'd built up to C the first time through (Ashe, Mercedes) and focus stuff like choir rehearsals and cooking on them. That just left Ingrid and Annette, who I basically showered with gifts. Way easier to do that with two people instead of like twelve.

So I now have every single student in my house before I even have Flayn!

How the heck are you going to level them all?! Or are you just going to forget about some?

Not everyone's getting leveled, I'm just gonna do enough with a few to get supports going in the first half before settling on a final team.

But also

I won't have to kill anyone in the second half oh god that was 

horrible

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Is New Game Plus considerably easier or just different? Do the enemies get tougher?

Only if you switch the difficulty. Easier because your Saint Statue levels carry over and you can spend points to raise your professor level (I started out this time at B)

• Like 1