The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

On 31/07/2019 at 16:38, Ruki said:

Falling Short of Heaven was such a hard mission. I actually had to use Divine Pulse otherwise I would have lost pretty much everyone. I'm such a save scummer :(

That's why I'm playing on Casual mode. Permadeath would stress me out immensely.

I'm still really enjoying the game. Persona is a series it's being compared to, and I have to say that I'm preferring it to Persona 4 and 5, both of which I thought were very good. Turn-based strategy is already one of my favourite genres, and putting the monastery exploration and character interaction on top of it makes for a great time.

16 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

That's why I'm playing on Casual mode. Permadeath would stress me out immensely.

I decided to go straight in with classic and joined the Black Eagles (I can't stop laughing at Bernie and curious to know Huberts story as seemed interesting) and managed to lose two members quite early on, then I remembered Divine Pulse and haven't lost anyone since. It's still tense but coping okay with it so far. At least my fallen members still loiter around the monastery so I can still see them and be reminded of my failures!

2 hours ago, lanky316 said:

I decided to go straight in with classic and joined the Black Eagles (I can't stop laughing at Bernie and curious to know Huberts story as seemed interesting) and managed to lose two members quite early on, then I remembered Divine Pulse and haven't lost anyone since. It's still tense but coping okay with it so far. At least my fallen members still loiter around the monastery so I can still see them and be reminded of my failures!

Oh, so they don't die? Maybe I'll do that on another playthrough.

1 hour ago, Tigerstyle said:

I got Smash Bros today and an online subscription, has anyone read anything positive about Ultimate Alliance 3? Ultimate Alliance 2 was my favourite game on the 360.

A lot of people seem to be enjoying it. Some reviewers have said that it looks and feels as though not much has changed from its predecessor, which is probably a good thing in your case.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2019 at 21:29, Ruki said:

U GON TEACH: A Merc Turned Teacher Totally Doesn't Raise Any Red Flags

"And now you, EWB, get to decide which of my students I'm going to marry, as is custom and definitely not weird."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sousa said:

"And now you, EWB, get to decide which of my students I'm going to marry, as is custom and definitely not weird."

I would say there's only one choice.... But there's like... So many good options. They are all great characters.

Also! Not sure what chapter... But late part 1 (33 hours, still only part 1), after the battle in the holy tomb....

Edelgard is the flame emperor?! Well I know which house I'm playing next.

I've now reached part 2 and stopped just as you regain control.

1. I really like that Claude has leveled up, changed classes, and even has new equipment. Along with the new character design, really shows time has passed!

2. I knew Rhea was hiding something! Although, not really what I was expecting. I thought she was gonna be evil or something.

1 hour ago, lanky316 said:

Confirmation, it seems they stay around the monastery early on but they disappear from the face of the earth after Rukis events happen and do permanently die from then on. Unless there are some strong necromancers I am yet to discover...

We're verging towards spoiler territory, I fear.

EDIT: Actually, no, I think that's ambiguous enough.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I just finished Part 1. Very few games have gripped me this much.

Right? It's so good. Like, as soon as it's done I want to start all over again with a new house. It's my GotY. 

Is New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe worth the price tag? I thought maybe I’d be able to scratch the Mario itch with SMM2 but the majority of the levels I’ve played are needlessly over complicated and difficult for the sake of it and not true to the style of the real games.

1 hour ago, lanky316 said:

So I finished Fire Emblem already. What a great game and loved the story. Already starting a new game to play through as a different house because I'm so hooked!

Wow. That must have been a serious time commitment. I'm only about halfway through.

So are you locked out of A-level supports until you hit a certain point in the story? I feel like I've been stalled at B with (of course) Dorothea forever and I'd be cool not having anymore tea parties if I've gotta get to part 2 before we can start properly lezzing it up.

• Like 1