Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I watched most of that marathon just so I wont miss any of the swimming, but after tonight and some of the track events I wont be watching no more Olympics until the closing ceremonies

Swimming spoilers

We've got a couple of medal opportunities today and Cate Campbell (who's only 16!) starts it off with a bronze and Trickett gets a (surprise, another) 4th. We should get a medal through Hackett in the 1500m, if nothing shocking happens. But you never knows as there's a Chinese in lane 1 <_<
Edited by Zaz

1500m swimming

So a TUNISIAN won it. I didn't know Tunisians could swim >_>

And they said he'd just come back from a doping violation :rolleyes: It wouldn't surprise me either, considering he came from nowhere (would've been a couple of seconds behind Hackett and Cochrane before he just charged through). Anyway, Hackett is still a legend! Now for the medleys. Let's hope we stop Phelps from getting his 8th :pervert:

I'm shocked no one's mentioned the hilarious point system for the boxing. Many games have been ridiculously skewed, many scores have been completely bullshit. Clear winners are losing by over five points because of this retarded system (electronic, then judge approval).

Also, judo's been my favourite event so far. Almost every fight I've seen it's been awesome, back and forth and quite a few with insane endings. Tong Wen's gold was by far the best finish ever.

1500m spoilers

The Tunisian bloke shouldn't have even been there if his country gave him a two year ban like they should have:

A few weeks after the conclusion of the 2007 World Aquatics Championships in Melbourne, reports began to surface that Mellouli had tested positive for a banned substance at the US Open in November, 2006. These reports surfaced because FINA, the international governing body of the sport, had discovered that Tunisian authorities had known about the positive test, and had only given him a warning. The rules state, that when an athlete tests positive for a banned substance, he or she must be given a 2-year ban from the sport.

Instead he ended up only getting 18 months ban on appeal at the courts.

Oh well, medley relay on now!

Female 4x100m medley relay

Haha, you fucking rippers! Great swim by all the girls, but especially Schipper in the butterfly who really got us in front.

So, Australia 1, US 2 in the female medley, hopefully this spurs on the guys to do the same ;)

1500m Freestyle

He tested positive for adderall. He was a college student, and students often take it to help them study for exams. It's not performance enhancing from a physical standpoint. Why use that as an excuse for the fact that Hackett got beat by a guy that swam the race of his life?

Shit, so I actually have a golf tournament tomorrow and Monday for New York state and I will be staying in a hotel which means I will be missing mah girl Shawn Johnson in action. Hopefully I can pull something out of my ass to see her in action.

1500m Freestyle

He tested positive for adderall. He was a college student, and students often take it to help them study for exams. It's not performance enhancing from a physical standpoint. Why use that as an excuse for the fact that Hackett got beat by a guy that swam the race of his life?

Well, if Tunisia had actually abided by the rules, he shouldn't have been there in the first place. However, if he's clean, all credit to him on a great race. He took the risk to go ahead and it paid off. However, if he isn't, well fuck him for robbing Hackett of that last gold.

1500m Freestyle

Well, if Tunisia had actually abided by the rules, he shouldn't have been there in the first place. However, if he's clean, all credit to him on a great race. He took the risk to go ahead and it paid off. However, if he isn't, well fuck him for robbing Hackett of that last gold.

He tested out of competition for a banned substance that isn't performance enhancing. Don't you think it would be the strict enforcement of that rule that would cheapen what would have been Hackett's win moreso than a modified penalty for someone who clearly wasn't trying to cheat would cheapen Mellouli's? And if he's not clean? Hackett will get the gold anyway.

1500m Freestyle

He tested out of competition for a banned substance that isn't performance enhancing. Don't you think it would be the strict enforcement of that rule that would cheapen what would have been Hackett's win moreso than a modified penalty for someone who clearly wasn't trying to cheat would cheapen Mellouli's? And if he's not clean? Hackett will get the gold anyway.

Mens medley spoilers

Bah, let's forget this. Mens medley is on!

And US wins, Australia 2nd. Well done, Phelps.