• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldnt just edited your post

months old

we run away are mums a pedo

...what?

Who the fuck are you? Tiarantman's second coming?

Edited by King eLLis

Womens' Beach Volleyball:

Now that Phelps' quest for 8 is over, Kerri Walsh becomes my favorite Olympian. She's so fucking dominant.

Men's Beach Volleyball

And is rather hawt too.

The beach volleyball's been one of my favourite events this year, the crowds have been great too. Did you see the Georgians winning last night? They are fucking awesome. The sheer fact they named themselves Geor/Gia is classic. Gia sprinted up into the crowd to the highest part of the stand and then raised his arms in victory, and got a nice pop from the crowd who were confused at first. This was when they beat Nummerdor & Schuil from the Netherlands last night. I'm officially a fan.

I love that sort of thing. :lol:

4x100m Medley

So... predictions as to who's carrying America's flag at the closing ceremony? :shifty:

I doubt he'll still be around Beijing. He's got to starting training for London you know!

That being said...

Michael Phucking Phelps! You want history accomplished, get a Michigan man to do the job.

AmericaMichael Phelps, FUCK YEAH!

.. Phelps is from Maryland.

And he is simply a fucking beast. I doubt anyone else will ever come close to 8 Gold Medals in an Olympics.

Phelps attended, trains and at one time was an assitant swimming coach at the University of Michigan.

Yeah, but he's left Michigan and is now back in Maryland. Between Babe Ruth and Michael Phelps, we produce champions in Maryland.

4x100m Medley

So... predictions as to who's carrying America's flag at the closing ceremony? :shifty:

I doubt he'll still be around Beijing. He's got to starting training for London you know!

That being said...

Michael Phucking Phelps! You want history accomplished, get a Michigan man to do the job.

AmericaMichael Phelps, FUCK YEAH!

.. Phelps is from Maryland.

And he is simply a fucking beast. I doubt anyone else will ever come close to 8 Gold Medals in an Olympics.

Phelps attended, trains and at one time was an assitant swimming coach at the University of Michigan.

Yeah, but he's left Michigan and is now back in Maryland. Between Babe Ruth and Michael Phelps, we produce champions in Maryland.

It's just a thing that UM fans/alums etc call Michigan grads. Stems from an incident where basketball coach Bill Frieder was leaving to take the same gig at Arizona State but wanted to coach Michigan in the NCAA tournament and Athletic Director and former legendary football coach, the late great Bo Schembechler said something to the effect of: "I don't want an Arizona State man coaching Michigan, I want a Michigan man to coach Michigan." He then promptly fired Frieder and after naming Steve Fischer interim coach, Michigan won the 1989 NCAA Championship. Ever since, if you're associated with the University of Michigan, you're a "Michigan man." Has nothing to do with the geography of one's birth.

Cycling

Ooh, Aus vs. GB in the womens sprint final. I really hope Anna Meares wins this as she broke her neck in an accident in January at the World Cup, so this'd cap a remarkable comeback. And it's GB vs. GB in the mens final, so you lot have a chance at two more golds tonight. If you win both it'd probably put you beyond our reach, so go Anna!

Edit: Sorry, tagged now ¬_¬

Madison:

The madison was piss-poor. Not the race itself, but our performance in it.

I guess there are two schools of thought here. The first that says "Wiggins is a cunt for screwing his best mate out of a gold medal" and one that says "if Cav wanted a gold medal of his own he should stop being a lazy bastard and enter more than one event".

I happen to belong to the second school.

Wiggins entered three events. He got two gold medals. Can't really complain about that, can you? Cav knew well ahead of time what was going to happen, so if he wanted a realistic shot at a madison gold he should\'ve picked a different partner, one that wouldn't have already raced, what, SIX races in the week prior to the event? Either that, or enter the road race. "It's got too many hills"?! Cry more*.

* It should be noted that Cav hasn't actually said anything about it yet, and is probably not at all annoyed, but everyone on TV seems to want to make out that he should be, for some reason.

Good on the 43 year old chap getting a gold medal though.

Women's Sprint Semi's

- Watching the Chinese chick fall off for no real reason in the warm-up, and then get disqualified for elbowing the Aussie chick to make her do the same in the actual race (and FAILING!), and still only 'winning' by about three rizla papers = hilarious.

Freestyle Wrestling:

- BATIROV~! Making up for Baroev failures since, a second ago.

Men\'s Sprint Final:

- HOY! HOY! HOY! HOY!... I won't be around for the second race, but hopefully I won't need to be :P

- The headlines thing just make me laugh. A video of loads of women sprinters, cut off just below chest level by the caption "200m, Big Guns Safely Through" :shifty:

Edited by Farmer Reil

Cycling / Gymnastics

Just thought I'd announce a piece of jailbait winning the beam before justblaze or someone does. That Shawn Johnson girl won it...

Two more cycling golds for Britain and a silver too. Whoop.

It would have been best to put Rob Hayles in the Madison with Cav but Hayles was banned a few months back for a faulty reading on a blood count (Something the body produces was counted to high then it was proven that it was naturally so and the ban was dropped) and since then he's been in a bit of limbo as it happened mid season.

Still, 7 out of 10 golds in the velodrome for the Brits and the three we didn't win were the three you can't control - the mens and womens points race and the madison...So I'm a happy bunny.

The smell of point fixing in the Olympics continues...Trampolining...

China just won the gold in male trampolining with a very average and slightly sloppy looking routine. He beat a Canadian into second whose was slick, well balanced and, from what I can tell from my minimal knowledge of the event, pretty good.

The Japanese guy was beaten into fourth by a second Chinese gymnast taking third with a worse effort than the Japanese lad. The Canadian and Japanese gymnasts spent the whole event seemingly laughing and joking about the scoring process which also seemed to amaze and baffle the Russian and the Ukranian competitors who were like fifth and sixth.

The bias in the gymnastics, trampolining, boxing and the like has been worse than usual towards the home country.