Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USA track and field team has choked so much that it's depressing. I read an article that said of the 7 US World Champs from last year we got a total of two silvers and that didn't include Lolo or Sanya Richards not living up to expectations. In other words, our nine event favorites won two silvers and a bronze and I don't think we pulled off a single upset to make up for that colossal chokejob. When Aquaman retires we probably won't be winning much of anything in the pool either. If not for Phelps, Nastia and May/Walsh I don't think we would have had a single memorable moment. Well that's not true, we wouldn't have a single POSITIVE memorable moment, but Lolo busting her ass on the next to last hurdle, Gay and Legat not even making their finals, and the Jamaican sweeps of all of the sprints will live on in infamy.

Women's Soccer Gold Medal Game

Look at that, we beat Brazil 1-0 without Wambach.

Race walking is all based on who can get away with cheating the best. Every time they showed slo-mo replays you could see that everyone in the pack was running. I just don't see the appeal in having a sport which is defined by not running when 90% of the strides are illegal.

I share justblaze's sentiments. Those girls couldn't possibly be 16. They barely look like teenagers as it is.

Let the Chinese Women's Gymnastics Team Scandal begin! :D

Edited by Magus978

4x100

Great win for the Jamaicans. Bolt's been far too brilliant and Jamaica have won EVERY sprint gold going. That's true dominance for the small island.

Japan got the bronze and watching their interviews now at trackside for Japanese TV and they can't believe it at all. One's in tears, one's totally beside himself ....Oh and more tears from the third. Awww bless, they were expecting nothing out of this....

Mens pole vault

Holy crap :o

We win our first field medal in 40 years with Steve Hooker beating out this Russian bloke with a vault of 5.90m. I think I let out my biggest cheer this entire Olympics when he cleared it (it was his third and final attempt, and the Russian had 3 as well, meaning if he missed it would be a jump-off). Woo!

And then he goes on to take the Olympic record as well with a vault of 5.96m.

Edited by Zaz

Basketball

So, USA just seemingly fell apart toward the end of the half but have rescued it a bit with Carmelo's last second free throws.

I assume they're gonna come out a bit more focused in the second half but this Argentina team is giving them a run for their money

Men's Football Final

Argentina wins, 1-0. I loved how pissed they were during the last minute when the referees were letting it go past the stoppage time, too.