• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o he really did break his own world record while celebrating for 40 meters

EDIT: :lmao: at the dude who won silver celebrating because he won silver

Edited by justblaze09

Men's 100m

Usain Bolt is insane. I read the spoilers about him winning earlier and had to see him run that and boy was that incredible. Just to see him throw his arms out and beat the silver medalist by .20 seconds is a huge gap. That was just insane, and Usain Bolt has a new fan.

The funny part about it though is that he is celebrating like he won the gold. Am I happy for him, yes, but it doesnt take away the fact that it is funny

EDIT: I just remembered that I rewinded my DVR just to record that race again

Edited by justblaze09

How is it funny? The guy just outran some of the fastest people in the world. I don't see Asafa Powell or Tyson Gay with the Silver medal around their necks. He is happy and proud that he won Silver for his county. That is nothing to be ashamed of. I sure as hell know it's an accomplishment just to be at the Olympics, but medaling is a whole different story. Insanely hard. You try to be one of the fastest men on earth to win that medal.

It doesnt have to be funny to you, it's funny to me. I can care less about Powell and Gay because Bolt fulfilled my happiness since im half-Jamacian. I stated above that I am happy for him because I know how hard it is to be one of the fastest people in the world since I run track and I can't lower my time for shit. I just find it funny that he is rolling around on the ground after coming in second. He can celebrate all he want, but they way he did it was funny to me

4x100m Medley

So... predictions as to who's carrying America's flag at the closing ceremony? :shifty:

I doubt he'll still be around Beijing. He's got to starting training for London you know!

That being said...

Michael Phucking Phelps! You want history accomplished, get a Michigan man to do the job.

AmericaMichael Phelps, FUCK YEAH!

4x100m Medley

So... predictions as to who's carrying America's flag at the closing ceremony? :shifty:

I doubt he'll still be around Beijing. He's got to starting training for London you know!

That being said...

Michael Phucking Phelps! You want history accomplished, get a Michigan man to do the job.

.. Phelps is from Maryland.

And he is simply a fucking beast. I doubt anyone else will ever come close to 8 Gold Medals in an Olympics.

4x100m Medley

That being said...

And he is simply a fucking beast. I doubt anyone else will ever come close to 8 Gold Medals in an Olympics.

You do know the previous record was 7? So of course it's possible someone will get close (as they have), and people will get up there, if not get more, in the future.

4x100m Medley

That being said...

You do know the previous record was 7? So of course it's possible someone will get close (as they have), and people will get up there, if not get more, in the future.

Yes, I do and it was set 36 years ago.

Phelps dominated this Olympics and is an athletic and genetric freak of nature. I doubt anyone will even come close to getting 8 in a single Olympics in the next 36 years, if ever. It's incredibly hard to win eight events in a span of eight days like Phelps did.

4x100m Medley

That being said...

Yes, I do and it was set 36 years ago.

Phelps dominated this Olympics and is an athletic and genetric freak of nature. I doubt anyone will even come close to getting 8 in a single Olympics in the next 36 years, if ever. It's incredibly hard to win eight events in a span of eight days like Phelps did.

Yes, at best, we'll see this matched in the future. Unless they spread out the swimming events at the Olympics, it's logistically pretty much impossible to get more than 8.

Cycling:

Pendleton qualifies for women's sprint with the fastest time - a new Olympic record at that.

Hoy qualifies fastest for men's sprint with new Olympic record and Jason Kenny from Britain qualifies second after setting an Olympic record too (which was then beaten by Hoy).

Our men's pursuit team also qualified comfortably fastest.

If you took away Phelp's medal tally from USA's total then USA and Britain have the same number of gold medals :P

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Cycling:

Pendleton qualifies for women's sprint with the fastest time - a new Olympic record at that.

Hoy qualifies fastest for men's sprint with new Olympic record and Jason Kenny from Britain qualifies second after setting an Olympic record too (which was then beaten by Hoy).

Our men's pursuit team also qualified comfortably fastest.

If you took away Phelp's medal tally from USA's total then USA and Britain have the same number of gold medals :P

If your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle ;)

What else will Great Britain have after the cycling and rowing have finished? I think they're in pole position for the gold in the women's sailing (unless they've already won that), but what else? Not much in the volleyballs, basketballs, water polos and hockeys (where Australia could realistically have 3 or 4 gold). Athletics? We don't have a great track team this year but I think we can still get a few medals in the walking and pentathlon and such.

We're still ahead in the overall count though, and of course everything America does is the right way, yeah? >_>

And the per population count! (Which I'll go through and figure out now for the firsts ten or so).

Ok, actual medal count by gold:

1. China (29)

2. United States (18)

3. Great Britain (11)

4. Germany (9)

5. Australia (8)

6. Japan (8)

7. South Korea (7)

8. Russia (6)

9. Italy (6)

10. Ukraine (5)

These ten by total medals won: