General Television Thread

Hellfire

I prefer BCS tbh. BB was great but suffered slumps, particularly early on. I never had that with BCS at all. 

It's hard for me to judge because I binge watched every Breaking Bad season (except for the last few episodes) and watched Better Call Saul week-to-week. I think those watching methods work for each show but I don't know how much Breaking Bad works week-to-week and how much BCS works as a binge.

• Like 1

Saul definitely works as a binge for me, in fact I found I got more out of it on this rewatch straight through than seeing each new season a year apart. But I totally see what you're saying, especially with Breaking Bad being much better as a binge watch than week-to-week.

12 hours ago, C-MIL said:

It gets much, much better.

I should clarify I meant BCS gets much, much better than it was in season 1, not that it's much, much better than Breaking Bad. I binge-watch BCS every year and watched BB weekly though, so maybe that theory has some merit... 

Ozark is another show that scratches a similar itch. Rather than a car crash or a train wreck, it's like a wildfire.

On 15/11/2020 at 13:40, GoGo Yubari said:

Just a friendly reminder that we're a little over half a month away from voting opening on EWB's Favorite TV Show 2020! It's obviously been a very weird year for TV; right now American Ninja Warrior of all things is the bubble show on my top 15. I think my "to try and watch before I close the voting" list is Star Trek Discovery, The Good Lord Bird, and maaaaaybe The Queen's Gambit.

Yeah yikes, I need to catch up on stuff because my preliminary list doesn't even have a full 15 on it without some filler. 

Yeah, I'm considering the possibility of leaving the voting window open for longer this year just so people have more time to watch stuff if they want to.

Also, for anyone looking for a 2020 show that I think is worth a watch and probably not watched by a lot of EWBers, I wholeheartedly recommend The Great on Hulu.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of BIG SKY on On Demand last night, because I forgot it started last week. Have it set up to record, but haven't watched episode two yet.

MAJOR shock twist at the end of the first episode. And if anyone watches CHICAGO PD, the bad guy is played by the actor who played Burgess' old partner Roman on that show.

FOR LIFE is getting interesting. I was getting fed up with the show, but that's no longer an issue after what happened in the season opener.

Edited by GhostMachine