2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Of all people...it had to be Sidney Crosby. More Crosby nightmares to come for awhile.

I'm proud of the team, and I can see a gold coming in 2014 or 2020 if NHL players are still allowed. Ryan Miller is insane, end of story, he needs a parade through the whole state of Michigan

Congrats Canada

Take the Crosby haters! Crosby one Stanley Cup...One Gold Medal....One OT Olympic Goal......Ovechkin? 0!

Pretty much everyone I know is an Ovechkin fan so as soon as the goal was scored I sent a message out with "Hey Ovechkin, suck on that bitch!".....I've gotten 3 messages back so far with much profanity :D

• Like 1

It sucks so much being an American, and a Penguins fan, and seeing fuckin Crosby of all people, putting that puck in the net.

I see it the other way.

As a Penguins fan, this game was still heart breaking. But Sid winning it was the perfect ending for me. Very bittersweet, but I can't be upset.

The US played great, and they have nothing to be ashamed of. Brooks Orpik was a man amongst boys out there today. Patrick Kane and Dustin Brown will never be booed by me and even though I hate Rafalski, I hate him a little less now.

Great game. Wish I'd have been confident enough to put money down on it though. Where the fuck was Crosby the rest of the tourney? And how did he cock up that breakaway? Still, great winner. Looked like the glass-bump at the end was the hardest check into the glass all game, did you see how much it was wobbling afterwards?

Awesome. I enjoyed 2002 more, but the way this game ended makes it a classic. Also, the US team was amazing this year and deserves a lot of praise. I hope that they get some attention for their accomplishment.

Awesome. I enjoyed 2002 more, but the way this game ended makes it a classic. Also, the US team was amazing this year and deserves a lot of praise. I hope that they get some attention for their accomplishment.

Ahahaha that reminds me - my other flatmate I was watching this with asked why the USA players were so sad because they won silver and that's still good.

She's a bit naive when it comes to sports and their competitiveness. >_>

I'm more stoked about this than I was about Salt Lake City, mainly because this wasn't just a gold medal. This was the gold medal that clinched Canada's place in the record books. It was also a storybook finish to the Olympics, with Canada having just about the best last 4 days or so as humanly possible. The other mitigating factor being avenging the round robin loss, which was really debilitating to Canadian hockey fans and we really didn't start to recover from it until we pounded the Russians.

Great game. Wish I'd have been confident enough to put money down on it though. Where the fuck was Crosby the rest of the tourney? And how did he cock up that breakaway? Still, great winner. Looked like the glass-bump at the end was the hardest check into the glass all game, did you see how much it was wobbling afterwards?

Not much, really. The puck was wayyy ahead of him and he had barely any time whatsoever to settle it down. You can't really blame him for that.

Guest Sideshow MPH

God that was the best thing ever.

Me: "Gotta go, fuck, I'm gonna miss a gold medal...CROSBY SCORES!"

*books it and drives down the street*

First girl I see in the office: WE WON!!!!!!!!!

Then fifteen minutes of watching post-game rather than interviewing me :D

God that was the best thing ever.

Me: "Gotta go, fuck, I'm gonna miss a gold medal...CROSBY SCORES!"

*books it and drives down the street*

First girl I see in the office: WE WON!!!!!!!!!

Then fifteen minutes of watching post-game rather than interviewing me :D

Sounds like a good interview to me!