World Cup 2010 Thread

Bring on Brazil 2014!

Still not out of this.

Germany wakes up after the loss and spanks Ghana and we go and give Serbia a 2-0 loss or so and we go though.

• Admin

Bring on Brazil 2014!

Still not out of this.

Germany wakes up after the loss and spanks Ghana and we go and give Serbia a 2-0 loss or so and we go though.

If this happens then I'll delightfully admit to being wrong. Until then I'm going with good old fashioned pessimism.

Bring on Brazil 2014!

Still not out of this.

If this happens then I'll delightfully admit to being wrong. Until then I'm going with good old fashioned pessimism.

I agree with the pessimism though, In all normal cases we are fucked.

However, Miracles do happen.

Germany have to beat Ghana to be sure of qualifying, so it's entirely possibly they spank them. You've still gotta beat Serbia though, which is sadly the most unlikely of the two conditions without Cahill or Kewell. :(

Edit: Wait, is Cahill suspended for two games or one? I can't remember how many you get for a straight red (that you didn't deserve >.<) in the World Cup.

Reil: Do you think that the handball was deliberate as opposed to it hitting him?

I don't believe for a second that he thought "hey, you know what, I'm gonna use my arm to keep the ball out, that'll be a good idea!". But nobody in their right mind would. :P Not deliberate in that sense, no. But he made absolutely no effort to get his arm out of the way, and it prevented a goal. So I can't see much of an argument against the card, to be perfectly honest.

It's an unfortunate card, no doubt. But a technically correct one. Unlike the Cahill incident or the farce in the Germany game yesterday. Alan Hansen agreed with it, so that tells you something. :P

It's like the South Africa game, where the keeper got sent off for a fairly innocuous foul. I doubt he went in with the intention of taking Suarez out, but he did, so it's a red card.

On the bright side, you had several chances to beat Ghana with ten men, so there's that to take away from it at least.

Edited by Farmer Reil