World Cup 2010 Thread

But anyway, how about that World Cup :shifty:

Bill Clinton is sticking around in South Africa to watch US/Ghana. No word yet on whether he'll be having beer with the team after the game like he did yesterday though.

Even as a Republican I can say that Bill Clinton will go down as the coolest American president of the generation.

Also, has there been any stories coming out about the racism that seems to pop up during European soccer matches? I'm not trying to stir shit up, I'm just curious.

Well I been at the beach all day and was shocked to see that Italy are gone, I expected them to get a result against Slovakia. Strange World Cup. I'm holding out for an Ivory Coast 9-0 win tomorrow to knock out the winker.

People still call him that? It's been four years! Even Rooney didn't seem too fussed about it judging by the following three years they spent as friends.

Well I been at the beach all day and was shocked to see that Italy are gone, I expected them to get a result against Slovakia. Strange World Cup. I'm holding out for an Ivory Coast 9-0 win tomorrow to knock out the winker.

People still call him that? It's been four years! Even Rooney didn't seem too fussed about it judging by the following three years they spent as friends.

I been struck by England Fever it brings back bad memories and makes me happy to see players I've supported for so long do badly (even though he isn't performing badly, would just love to see Portugal gone early...) :P Or in the case of Ivory Coast start supporting Drogba despite being hateful of him for many a season.

Edited by Sam

Metalman should support Korea, just in case Forlan needs some help. ¬_¬

On a more serious note, do Danes really hate Gronkjaer that much?

Behind Schmeichel, the Laudrups (possibly only Michael ¬_¬) and Thomas Helveg, plus maybe Stig Tofting for novely factor, he's surely one of Denmark's best ever players? :P I mean, it could be worse, he could be John Jensen.

It all just stemmed from HTTK's talk about USA having a better qualifying streak than so many other teams.

Holy crap, try reading more than just one sentence of a post next time. That is completely out of context of the point it was used in. That little aside was just in a larger point about something else.

Wow. Besides, it was Quasi that got the ball rolling on that line of converstion :P ......

:( congrats to Japan and all but I was really hoping Denmark would go through. With how things have been going I really wouldn't be all that surprised to see Brazil beat Portugal 2-0 and IC to beat NK 7-0 :shifty: ... that would be spectacular only in that the "random" draw would end up with Portugal going through <_<

Guest adameast

Portugal are kind of like Argentina in the way that they don't have a great defence, so realy do rely on the "football is about scoring one more than the other team" thing... So Brazil could poke three or four past them if its their day...

It would make the world happy to see Portugal join the French and Italians... But as it looks like our road to the final will more than likely be Germany, Argentina and Portugal, we might aswell have to play enemies if we can pull of a miracle, ey?

Phew, at least we have plenty of tv's at work to show the football on, the 2 early matches are vital ones, and I didn't want to miss them.

Whoops. I did mix up Johnny Perfect and Summers since they were both talking crap.

Hey you, fuck-wit. What's talking crap about showing the table and then asking someone why he thinks one team kicked ass and the other was lucky.. I mean seriously, you're a Proud American, I get it. Does that mean you have to be a twat? It's no surprise Americans get a bad reputation when people like you exist.

Nothing I did could have been counted as talking crap, I haven't once belittled what the USA have done at all, I've stuck up for them to mouthy friends on Facebook numerous times, but hey-ho.. carry on being an idiot, it suits you.

• Like 1

Nothing I did could have been counted as talking crap, I haven't once belittled what the USA have done at all, I've stuck up for them to mouthy friends on Facebook numerous times, but hey-ho.. carry on being an idiot, it suits you.

It's true, during USA-Slovenia he was having an argument with some dude on facebook about the skill levels of the US team whilst getting ready to take Mrs. Summ to the hospital to have the baby (turns out that was a false alarm). Dude should get a congressional medal.

I can't decide who's more pessimistic about their teams chances on Sunday, my English friends my German friends.

I know, I'm just taking it out of context, it's what all people do, haven't you noticed? :shifty:

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G