House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

"I've been worrying about Jon for years; he always comes back."

So... Jon dead next week.

I'm honestly not sure because they could easily subvert it (especially since they just pulled it with that Wilding women and her children) but the subversion of that trope has basically become one itself so who fucking knows at this point.

It would suck a lot to get rid of Jon Snow just as he started to get interesting though so...yeah, you're probably right.

"I've been worrying about Jon for years; he always comes back."

So... Jon dead next week.

I'm honestly not sure because they could easily subvert it (especially since they just pulled it with that Wilding women and her children) but the subversion of that trope has basically become one itself so who fucking knows at this point.

It would suck a lot to get rid of Jon Snow just as he started to get interesting though so...yeah, you're probably right.

Jon can't die! For the first 3.5/4 seasons I didn't care about his story at all. Now he's in the top 3 for me.

Hell, the same goes for Dany. I loved her, then was bored of her, then hated her, now I'm coming around to liking her again.

Top stores: 1. Jon Snow 2. Sansa vs Ramsey 3. High Sparrow vs Kings Landing

That entire episode was stupendous.

So excited to finally fully witness the horror of what I assume will be the biggest bad in the show that unites all the warring families into fighting for the greater good. That final shot of the dead encompassing the entire village was chilling.

• Like 2

Here's what I was thinking about. Pertains to Cersei/Sparrows storyline. This isn't really a spoiler, since I'm nowhere near this far in the books, just me making a guess.

I think Cersei opts for a trial by combat. Everyone thinks she doesn't stand a chance, what with Jamie being one-handed and out of the country, but BOOM! The re-debut of a new and improved Mountain! He kicks ass and saves Cersei's.

• Like 1

That was incredibly good.

Episode 8 spoilers...

I'm right in assuming that was Jon's own sword yes? The one Mormont gave him? Edit - yes, of course it was. Stupid question really.

I half expected the white walker he killed to be Jon's uncle (Benjin?) when we first saw him. We never did get closure on his disappearance, though it's GoT so we likely never will!

As for stopping the White Walkers, it's going to come down to Dragons and Brann, with Jon Snow leading the people methinks. At least, that's the direction I imagine it ultimately heading - though I'm no doubt way off the mark. Being GoT, those characters will be dead by then anyway.

Here's what I was thinking about. Pertains to Cersei/Sparrows storyline. This isn't really a spoiler, since I'm nowhere near this far in the books, just me making a guess.

I think Cersei opts for a trial by combat. Everyone thinks she doesn't stand a chance, what with Jamie being one-handed and out of the country, but BOOM! The re-debut of a new and improved Mountain! He kicks ass and saves Cersei's.

Psh! Like the Sparrows believe in 'Trial By Combat'

RE: Snow Spoilers Above

I don't see him being killed off. Three reasons:

1. Everything I've ever heard leans favourable towards Snow being in the future books and will be vital to the big picture.

2. Though this rarely applies to GoT in the past, we're at a stage were HBO kinda needs fan favourites to stick around. I'd put Snow in with Arya and Tyrion as being bullet proof.

3. Kit Harrington has actually signed on for two more seasons. So there is that.

I was just watching the first episode again....and I've decided that we need a 'Robert's Rebellion' mini series. I want to see Ned, Rob and Jon take down the Mad King.

So much this. I'd be way into a prequel series.

Didn't they film a flashback scene about the execution of Rickard and Brandon Stark that was never used? I know it isn't much but I read about it on one of those Wikia sites.

Psh! Like the Sparrows believe in 'Trial By Combat'

Actually, it's written in the Seven-Pointed Star, which is their holy book that a trial by combat is allowed, it's supposedly "the gods will decide whether the accused is innocent or guilty" or something like that. So technically, yeah, the Faith Millitant do believe it!

I'm like 99% sure I know what happens with Cersei because some shitty news outlet spoiled it for me in their title. Irritating.

Yeah I read a review of episode 8 which starting talkimg about shit from the book without prefacing it... (potential book spoilers, I don't know but tagged for safety)...

It was talking about how, in the books, it is hinted a lot more that Tywin doubts/worries that Tyrion isn't his son. Then tying this in with the fan theory that Jon Snow is a Targaryen (which I had thought myself) and that Tyrion could be too.

I guess it's not really book spoilers, more of a fan theory, but I could've done without seeing it.