House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

It's disgusting attitudes like that that make them raise armies of the undead and invade Westeros.

• Like 1

About what Whisper posted

That seems to be a really stupid theory. I mean judging from the Tywinn I got to know on the show I wouldn't put it beyond his wife to seek love elsewhere as he is a very cold, calculating man but I don't know if he always was like that or if the death of his wife made him bitter. But either way I think if there was any doubt about Tyrion being his legitimate son on Tywinn's mind Tyrion would've died a long time ago. No way that he would let the bastard that "killed" his wife during labour live.

Tywin's whole thing was that Tyrion was a Lannister by name so it was his duty to ensure Tyrion held up the respect of the name, especially with no heir due to Jamie being in the King's Guard.

Tywin is cold and harsh, but his motivation is the advancement and protection of the family name. He wouldn't, if true, admit that his wife gave birth to The Mad King's bastard or kill someone who was in everyone else's eyes his son.

The theory, in my opinion, makes sense. Not only for how Tywin treats him but for also how Tyrion is described in the book. It is still a long shot though. As someone said on a podcast, if true the liklihood is that the show will reveal it first, and if it is not true/not he going to be in the books the show will likely not bother with it.

I am waiting for one scene to convince me one way or the other and I get the feeling it could happen in the last two episodes.

I popped hard when the white walkers showed up. For most of this season I've been patiently waiting for the shit to hit the fan and when it finally did they delivered. The best part, by far, was Jon Snow blocking the strike with his sword and it not breaking. Can anyone clue me in on what the sword is supposed to be, obviously it's special, but without spoiling anything? If not please don't say anything. I'd prefer to be surprised.

Various pre season 5 spoilers...

It's the sword he was given by Lord Commander Mormont and I believe they said it was made of Valyrian steel, which is incredibly rare.

Ned's was made of the same I think, but Tywin melted it down and created two swords. One for Jamie and one for Joffrey.

Jamie gave his to Brienne. Can't remember what happened to Joffrey's - does Tommen have it now?

I think that's all we know about the sword. I'm sure a bigger nerd will correct me if I'm wrong or have missed anything!

Referencing to another fan theory ahoy.

I didn't take it as the power of the Valyrian steel and more with the wielder. They haven't touched upon it in the show but in the books there is a prophecy of "The Prince that was promised" who will emerge in the winter and destroy the White Walkers. We'll have to see where the show takes it, but I thought that was them teasing that prophecy.

IS IT MY FAULT THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME?

No seriously though, he was carrying that spear and had the mullet.

It was a different guy. Snow smashed his one into pieces.

That seems to be a really stupid theory. I mean judging from the Tywinn I got to know on the show I wouldn't put it beyond his wife to seek love elsewhere as he is a very cold, calculating man but I don't know if he always was like that or if the death of his wife made him bitter. But either way I think if there was any doubt about Tyrion being his legitimate son on Tywinn's mind Tyrion would've died a long time ago. No way that he would let the bastard that "killed" his wife during labour live.

Tywin's whole thing was that Tyrion was a Lannister by name so it was his duty to ensure Tyrion held up the respect of the name, especially with no heir due to Jamie being in the King's Guard.

Tywin is cold and harsh, but his motivation is the advancement and protection of the family name. He wouldn't, if true, admit that his wife gave birth to The Mad King's bastard or kill someone who was in everyone else's eyes his son.

The theory, in my opinion, makes sense. Not only for how Tywin treats him but for also how Tyrion is described in the book. It is still a long shot though. As someone said on a podcast, if true the liklihood is that the show will reveal it first, and if it is not true/not he going to be in the books the show will likely not bother with it.

I am waiting for one scene to convince me one way or the other and I get the feeling it could happen in the last two episodes.

I popped hard when the white walkers showed up. For most of this season I've been patiently waiting for the shit to hit the fan and when it finally did they delivered. The best part, by far, was Jon Snow blocking the strike with his sword and it not breaking. Can anyone clue me in on what the sword is supposed to be, obviously it's special, but without spoiling anything? If not please don't say anything. I'd prefer to be surprised.

It's the sword he was given by Lord Commander Mormont and I believe they said it was made of Valyrian steel, which is incredibly rare.

Ned's was made of the same I think, but Tywin melted it down and created two swords. One for Jamie and one for Joffrey.

Jamie gave his to Brienne. Can't remember what happened to Joffrey's - does Tommen have it now?

I think that's all we know about the sword. I'm sure a bigger nerd will correct me if I'm wrong or have missed anything!

I didn't take it as the power of the Valyrian steel and more with the wielder. They haven't touched upon it in the show but in the books there is a prophecy of "The Prince that was promised" who will emerge in the winter and destroy the White Walkers. We'll have to see where the show takes it, but I thought that was them teasing that prophecy.

If anything Tyrion was the only true born Lannister. And the first born incestuous twins have a little something to do with the First Night Law.

If anything Tyrion was the only true born Lannister. And the first born incestuous twins have a little something to do with the First Night Law.

I much prefer that theory - that despite Tywin despising him, Tyrion is his only true child. The timeline of the books sync up a lot better with the twins being Aerys' children, and I think that becomes doubly interesting given that Jaime killed him. But yeah, Tywin being so disappointed in the only child that is actually his is a cool idea to me.

Welp, might be me tapping out after this season...

Now I'm curious. Am I good to watch?

I very much doubt it.

There's a part in the middle you definitely don't need to see. But the rest is good and the ending is pretty awesome.

That middle scene made me a little uncomfortable.

Those screams

:( That poor little girl. Fuck you Stannis. I can't believe he did that. Davos is gonna be so heart broken

The ending scene though? Amazing!

At first I thought Jorah was gonna die. Then I was happy! THen I got mad because i thought he threw the spear at Dani.....and then I saw the Son of the Harpy. Then shit just went crazy.

As for next week....

Dragon Rider Dani! Aria possibly killing Meryn Trant! Sansa being badass! Ramsay and Bolton and Stannis all dying hopefully! Breinne and Podrick! And the trial! The finale is gonna be huge.