House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I feel a little like I was robbed of enjoying that episode as much as I could have, thanks to social media. As soon as it went off air tons of people on my timeline we're going OH MY GOD [jerking off motion goes here] and hyping it like crazy, so that when I did watch it.. It fell flat. Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode, but..

I feel a little like I was robbed of enjoying that episode as much as I could have, thanks to social media. As soon as it went off air tons of people on my timeline we're going OH MY GOD [jerking off motion goes here] and hyping it like crazy, so that when I did watch it.. It fell flat. Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode, but..

I hate when that happens :(

But, I'm worried the standard "Crazy epic/horrifying Episode 9" won't be a thing next week.

Spoilers about Episode 8

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the White Walkers right know and would much rather see more of the stuff that is happening in the south? That battle was crazy and I know that the long night and the fight against the Walkers is probably going to be the endgame of the series. But seeing as how slow that plot has progressed so far it'll probably take them another 2 or 3 seasons until winter finally comes and we get it's conclusion (probably as well as the conclusion of this show). I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we see of the Walkers for this season. So to me that whole 20 minutes or so they spent on the battle felt wasted in a sense. This season it feels like some of the other stories get barley enought time to be properly told as it is. So I'd much rather see them use the 20 or so minutes they used for this fight for driiving forward the story in Dorne and flesh out those characters more (and they are in desperate need of more fleshing out) instead of using it for a story whose conclusion won't be happening for at least another few years if that makes any sense.

Edited by Hellraiser

About Episode 8. I try to keep it spoiler free but still do not read before watching.

I hope the white walkers will get some kind of motivation or story soon. I was surprised how little i cared about the second half of this episode. I mean it´s all fine and dandy but compared to other big battles or turns of events in this shows storyline this really underwhelming. And i think that is because they are not much more than the scarry "big bad" while everyone else is floating between good and evil and storys and agendas ect.

I wonder what happens in Episode 9, the classic Episode were the lanisters win. Or at least won the first several Seasons. It will be interesting to see what happens, because if Tommon is declared a bastard by the new Law we are running pretty thin when it comes to kinds in Westerros. There still is the one Bastard of Robert we have not seen in... two seasons? Maybe littlefinger will make his move while Stanis is still bussy in the North... well if he survives the Season not wanting to kill his daughter and all. Than again Littlefingers plan dos not seem to be ready for the takeover.

It´s good tyrion finaly arived, i read somewere in the books it took even longer, i think it´s sad such a great character had so little of importance to do this season. But for the first time in forever (i am guessing season one) i care about what happens in Danaris storyline so cudos for that.

It´s also good to see that Aria finaly gets moving again. I think her downtime was kinda needed but again as with Tyrion it seemed to me that i lost one of the characters i enjoied the most.

That said, i dident even notice that we have not seen her brothers all season long and i am absolutely fine with that. :D

Edited by Herr Matzat

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the White Walkers right know and would much rather see more of the stuff that is happening in the south? That battle was crazy and I know that the long night and the fight against the Walkers is probably going to be the endgame of the series. But seeing as how slow that plot has progressed so far it'll probably take them another 2 or 3 seasons until winter finally comes and we get it's conclusion (probably as well as the conclusion of this show). I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we see of the Walkers for this season. So to me that whole 20 minutes or so they spent on the battle felt wasted in a sense. This season it feels like some of the other stories get barley enought time to be properly told as it is. So I'd much rather see them use the 20 or so minutes they used for this fight for driiving forward the story in Dorne and flesh out those characters more (and they are in desperate need of more fleshing out) instead of using it for a story whose conclusion won't be happening for at least another few years if that makes any sense.

Well.. you're the only one that cares enough to not use spoiler tags.

Edited by GoGo Yubari
  • Like 1

Fuck sake. That is all the CG budget for the season gone.

I'm guessing we're not getting the battle now. We've got an episode for the trial of Loras, Marg, and Cersei, and an episode were the big hook is going to be Ramsey and his "20 good men" getting to Stannis.

But the topic at hand, the White Walkers, let's talk about that. My immediate thought was "there is only going to be a couple of them, kill them with dragon glass, convert the holdouts to the cause". What we got was "Fuck this shit, everyone is going to die, everything is pointless, there is no joy to be had here."

Basically, I was reminded I was watching Game of Thrones.

I don't know where they go from here. How do you defeat the army of the dead? Maybe the Night's King is their get out of jail free card. Maybe killing him will automatically take the life away from the reanimated corpses? Otherwise I don't even know.

Hopefully that is the last act of the series though, so if they get ten seasons like HBO want we don't have to worry about it for several years. In the meantime I can see them decimating the Wall and the North.

• Like 1

I know it's probably asked a million times, but is it necessary to add spoiler tags in here after the episode has aired?

If you're clicking in here the day after a new episode aired you have nobody to blame but yourself!

But yeah, fucking hell the last 20mins of that blew me away and I'm still not the better of it all! Also Wun Wun is in the TV show! :w00t:

I know it's probably asked a million times, but is it necessary to add spoiler tags in here after the episode has aired?

If you're clicking in here the day after a new episode aired you have nobody to blame but yourself!

But yeah, fucking hell the last 20mins of that blew me away and I'm still not the better of it all! Also Wun Wun is in the TV show! :w00t:

It is, there's no *SPOILERS* in the topic title, people can't always watch it immediately and we fought to keep book spoilers out. A 48 hour rule should be a courtesy, plus its really not that hard to add

to a post.

• Like 5

Yes.

• Like 2

I almost spoiled what happens next with the Wildlings/Night's Watch because I looked up Wun Wun's wiki page.

Responding to that, no spoilers below but just to be safe!

I don't think anything other than things like the leaks can be considered 100% spoilers for the show at this point, they could go in literally any direction from here on in!

I wasn't even sure it was Wun Wun until Tormund shouted his name!

I almost spoiled what happens next with the Wildlings/Night's Watch because I looked up Wun Wun's wiki page.

Responding to that, no spoilers below but just to be safe!

I don't think anything other than things like the leaks can be considered 100% spoilers for the show at this point, they could go in literally any direction from here on in!

I wasn't even sure it was Wun Wun until Tormund shouted his name!

Also, on that note, I fucking LOVE Tormund.

I was scared he wasn't going to make it last night. But he has to live! Forever! Although I doubt his ability to make it through this season...

With the final two episodes coming up, I've started thinking....which main characters are going to bite the bullet? Here are my predictions:

-Margery

-Braun

-Cersi (unlikely...but hey, you never know)

-High Sparrow

-Jorah

-Tormund

-A lot of wildlings

-Ramsey

-Theon

-Breinne (who we haven't seen in forever)