Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

My mate that does a lot of triathlon and stuff was fairly certain that Cavendish would get a medal.

As someone who actively follows the professional cycling scene, albeit having never done a triathlon in my life, there are numerous reasons why Cavendish was far from nailed on as winner. Mainly focussed around the fact that there were going to be 15-20 men at MOST in the entire peloton who would want a bunch sprint finish and would work for it while everyone else would be trying for a break.

Man. Japan have really fucked up in the Male Gymnastics. Japanese guy Vaulted onto his knees. sad.gif

Edited by deli2000

I saw Beth Tweddle and that 15 year old yesterday doing the Uneven Bars qualifying, and I've got to say it is so good to watch. The acrobatics and athleticism are fantastic.

Great to see Robson and Watson both through in the tennis with straight sets wins. Was watching Azarenka bottle it against Degu earlier, but I don't know what the final result was.

I have no idea how the male gymnastics is going in terms of where we are but we've looked fairly impressive so far... but then my knowledge of gymnastics is "do fancy shit + don't stumble when you fall = good".

My results app tells me she won the 3rd 6-1.

Impressive turnaround then. When I had it on, she got broken twice and was double faulting all over the place to lose the second set, got broken the first game of the decider and had just broken immediately back for 1-1 when I went out.

Think people are being a bit harsh on Daley, he won the euro championships around the same point he lost his Dad to cancer in his teens (which is a fucking horrible thing to happen, trust me I know) and he's really helped push diving into the public eye.

Never really seen him come across as a cunt or whatever, hardly his fault the media love him :P

Think people are being a bit harsh on Daley, he won the euro championships around the same point he lost his Dad to cancer in his teens (which is a fucking horrible thing to happen, trust me I know) and he's really helped push diving into the public eye.

Never really seen him come across as a cunt or whatever, hardly his fault the media love him :P

He does seem pretty cocky and arrogant at times but he's not that bad.