Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

When Brazil go forward there like eight of them storming at GB. GB are playing like England, and that's why they're gonna be shit.

And there we go!

They're really not playing like England (and for the record, England aren't 'shit' anyway). Granted this is their first proper game together and we're only 25 minutes in, but so far they've been quite composed and are passing and using the ball well. They haven't created a great deal yet, but that's fine. They've looked pretty good so far, far from shit.

At least the BBC wardrobe department isn't dressing the analysts as twins anymore, look at those trousers on Savage.

It was a wardrobe mix up with Gabby Logan, it seems

pretty good? :mellow:

It's like an FA Cup game between a top Premier League side and and some part-time outfit.

Nowhere near that bad.

Take into account it's the first game they've played together, which isn't the case for Brazil. Then take into account they're behind due to two ridiculous defensive lapses. And that's not even mentioning the fact that Brazil have a team full of world class players in the likes of Neymar, Hulk, Silva etc. For their first game and the opposition they're up against, they've done perfectly fine. Not great and they certainly need to improve in places, but overall they've done a decent enough job if you ask me.

They're certainly not shit, which is the point I'm trying to make.

Expected result really. If GB took the Olympics seriously and sent the best squad available they'd compete with Brazil but when they're sending Hulk and Silva, when GB are sending Bellamy and Giggs, it's never going to be close.

It Team GB took the Olympics seriously they would not have waited until this year to bother putting together a team. All the other teams are going to have way more experience playing together and no amount of Bellamy and Giggs is going to change that.

That was embarrassing.

Not so much the score or anything but the fact the Brazil team contains players like Hulk, Neymar and Marcelo and ours had Neil Taylor, Marvin Sordell and Joe Allen.

The future is bright!

That's noted £15mil player Joe Allen you have there! :angry:

• Like 1

I'm not satisfied with Brazil. We won, alright. But we won with two set pieces. If that didn't happen, y'all would be very happy and I would still have the same reaction about that game. The team plays a lot of passes, and there were several opportunities where the player was in position to shoot, instead preferred a pass and missed it. We just need to be more vertical, if you know what I mean.

Brazil never got out of second gear, I'm sure if they needed to they could have stepped it up, plus Butland still had to make a few decent saves second half.

Everythings been summed up really, GB have a worse squad than they could have (are the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain really knackered from the Euros? Reckon Mata will be fine) with marquee over 23s rather than ones that could actually improve the team. We've got strength in centre mid so why take Giggs etc etc. Obviously we'd win if Beckham was playing, as I'm sure Anne Diamond etc will be saying...

Final point, you'd think after four years in the East Stand at Newcastle I'd have learnt something about the movement of the sun. Turns out not, watched the whole first half with a programme shading my eyes. Dimwit.