Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

The British team really needs a chant.....for three games anyway.

'We'd rather be watching Jessica Ennis'

I thought Jack Butland put in quite an assured performance and I'm quite excited in seeing him play more in this tournament, was surprised he didn't start but Steele was aight. Seeing Silva, Hulk, and then Pato coming off the bench just makes me hate our FA even more because whilst we'd never have a team that could out-right win this, I'd feel much more comfortable with Oxlade, Jones and three better over age players. Well, maybe two, because I actually don't mind Giggsy's inclusion since he's got a lot that these youngsters can learn from.

Still, this tournament will be absolutely vital for guys like Jack Cork (who I thought worked very hard and well with Allen in the second half), Joe Allen, Caulker (who I thought was very good last night in defence and will be a great CB in the future) and Rose. Not sure I'd have taken Marvin Sordell, especially when his game seems to be out-strength an opponent, which didn't work for him on the pitch last night. Just giving away silly fouls. I'd have taken Jay Rodriguez over Marvin Sordell every single day of the week, it was a bad decision in my mind.

I liked Cleverley last night, thought he looked okay for spells although he seemed a little slow and I thought he was injured at certain parts of the match. Be interesting watching these guys play, there is quite a lot of potential in quite a few of those players we had out there last night. Except Sturridge, fuck that guy.

All of Japan's Olympic athletes have received "medals" even before they compete in London -made of wood from debris found in the country's tsunami-ravaged northeast. School children in the region have carved pieces of the wood in the shape of an Olympic medal as good luck charms for the 518-strong Japanese Olympic delegation, which includes nearly 300 athletes.

I just thought that was kinda awesome.

• Admin

I want Japan to do well now! That is lovely.

The private security company G4S is being replaced at St James' Park in Newcastle. The decision has been made public just three days before Olympic matches are due to take place at the venue. Newcastle City Council says the Olympic organisers LOCOG are now hiring local security companies to provide more than five hundred staff the stadium.

• Admin

Olympics officially get underway in 5 minutes on BBC One!

The British Olympic Association withdraw marathon runner Dave Webb from Team GB's Olympic squad after he fails a fitness test. Team GB will now have 541 competitors at the Games.

This is really enjoyable to watch. I'd also have Jill Scott in the heart of Sunderland's midfield, she's head and shoulders above the rest of the team it seems although it's Asante who has had the three great chances so far. Still 0-0 though.

• Admin

I didn't even realise such a thing existed until just then... is there really a need for 24 Olympic channels in addition to the coverage on BBC One?

Probably not - but now you won't miss a moment!

It's worth noting that C4 will have 3 new channels launching for the Paralympic games.