Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Praying that we get Spain, Argentina or potentially Senegal at SJP now, the prospect of Gabon and Belarus is slightly worrying. Hopefully they'll fix it so that GB get an easy draw...

• Admin
BBC Essex has learned that Essex County Cricket Club, together with the University of East London, has applied for the right to become tenants of the Olympic Stadium after London 2012.

In a statement to BBC Essex, Essex County Cricket Club says: "We can confirm that the University of East London and Essex County Cricket Club have jointly put in a bid to the Olympic Park Legacy Company to utilise space in the Olympic stadium. We cannot provide any further detail at this stage, as we are bound by a legal confidentiality agreement.

"We can though state that both UEL and Essex Cricket see this as a fantastic opportunity. We are committed to supporting the achievement of the best possible outcomes from the Legacy operation of the Olympic Stadium."

• Admin
The BBC has today announced that it will make its twenty-four, HD-quality, live Olympic streams available to cable and satellite providers for the duration of the Olympic Games.

This will give a platform to every Olympic sport for the first time ever.This service will complement the BBC's flagship channels, BBC One and BBC Three, which will air all of the key moments from the Olympics, as well as other platforms, including BBC 5live.

Roger Mosey, Director, BBC London 2012 said: "We are delighted to be able to offer this opportunity to cable and satellite providers to extend our online service to millions of TV viewers across the UK. BBC One and BBC Three will remain the flagship channels for the Olympics. But, as the London 2012 Olympic Games will be the first truly 'Digital Games', we wanted to offer an unprecedented amount of live sporting action to the widest possible audience through these 24 live streams, giving vastly more choice than ever before."

YOU'RE WELCOME

Here in Japan, for the 2008 Olympics I can GUARANTEE I had the opposite Olympic TV experience to you lot in the UK.

Well, ok, first week was the swimming, fine. A bit boring but at least we have some athletes there.

After that the entire Olympics coverage consisted of....

Judo

Taikwondo

Baseball

Softball

Greco-Roman Wrestling (which was the worst of everything)

Fencing

It drove me totally crazy. I love the idea of all these channels and all this choice and I will find a way to tune into them. None of this "not available in your territory" nonsense. I'LL FIND A WAY. I want a week of track and field, four days of cycling, highlights of rowing, football, badminton, sailing, shooting, archery.....all the proper stuff.

At least baseball and softball have been kicked out this year. About time too.

• 2 weeks later...

Footie draw on Tuesday. Praying I've not bought tickets for UAE, Belarus, Honduras and Gabon. Spain or Brazil would be lovely, Senegal amazing if they make it on Monday, Japan or South Korea a bonus.

And the motto has been revealed as 'Inspire a Generation', which ironically isn't particularly inspirational.

• Admin
The Football Association has informed 80 players that they are in contention for a place in the Great Britain men's football team this summer.

Former England captain David Beckham, Wales duo Gareth Bale and Craig Bellamy, Northern Ireland midfielder Chris Brunt and Scotland forward Steven Fletcher are on the shortlist, which will be cut down to 35 by 8 June and then 18 (and four reserves) on 6 July.

If all goes as planned I'll have moved jobs (having already moved house) to Milton Keynes before the Olympics start, meaning I will not need to come anywhere near London during the whole sodding palaver.

LUCKY ESCAPE FOR THE WIN

• Admin

:w00t:

The BBC have confirmed that Virgin Media has become the latest platform to sign up for our 24 Olympic channels, which will also be available on the BBC Sport and 2012 websites. Freeview HD will also broadcast a simulcast of the BBC's main Red Button service in HD.

BBC's director of London 2012, Roger Mosey, has been talking about these deals and more in his blog.

:w00t:

The BBC have confirmed that Virgin Media has become the latest platform to sign up for our 24 Olympic channels, which will also be available on the BBC Sport and 2012 websites. Freeview HD will also broadcast a simulcast of the BBC's main Red Button service in HD.

BBC's director of London 2012, Roger Mosey, has been talking about these deals and more in his blog.

Sounds superb.