Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

• 2 weeks later...

What was with the cutting them to bits? They showed the unveiling on the news and it looked like Stella was cutting them off the athletes, I couldn't tell if it was during the unveiling or if they had spliced in her making them (which wouldn't make much sense, generally you don't cut a sleeve off a completed shirt to alter it :shifty:

I saw it this morning and I guess I must still be thinking of it. So does anyone know what the fuck it was all about? Our news talked about how lovely they were but didn't bother explaining what they were showing.

Edit. My homo opinion is that it looks nice now but is going to not be looked back on well. It's definitely not a timeless design.

The shirt which Bale is wearing is a limited edition shirt for supporters. It has been produced to celebrate the four home nations coming together to form Team GB.

That feels like a tremendous ripoff, as I don't remember that being particularly clear at the time.

I took that quote from the original post with the Bale pic attached above. So it was definitely mentioned.. but yeah, massive rip off to release a limited edition shirt AND the proper shirt... Pointless aside from financial gain.

Although it is not the same as the team's version, it is believed to be similar and the supporters' shirts will go on sale in two weeks' time.

From that post, though not sure if thats the official press release. I'd read that to be similar to Pumas African kits, where the players shirts are the tight fitting ones that make Drogba look a beast but would make me look a twat, while the supporters kits are a more standard cut. Either way, boo-urns!

• Admin
The USMNT missed out on London 2012 after a 95th-minute goalkeeping error by Sean Johnson resulted in a surprise 3-3 draw against El Salvador.

Jaime Alas's equaliser meant El Salvador instead have gone through to the semi-finals of qualifying Group A.

The Americans had come back from 2-1 down to lead, before the late disappointment in Nashville.

"It's a painful moment. The players are devastated," said United States head coach Caleb Porter.

Having already lost to Canada, the United States needed to beat El Salvador to go into the last four. They attacked from the start and Terence Boyd scored with a volley after just 61 seconds.

But El Salvador turned the game around with two goals in three first-half minutes as Lester Blanco scored with a header and then Andres Flores steered in Alas's mis-hit shot.

The home team suffered a further blow when first-choice goalkeeper Bill Hamid went off injured and was replaced by Johnson.

Boyd finished well to level the scores again and Joe Corona, whose mother is a native of El Salvador, headed them back in front.

However, their hard work was all undone when Johnson allowed the ball to bounce over him from Alas's shot.

Porter added: "I'm proud of those guys and I know they're going to do great things in the future. I'm sorry for our fans, sorry for US soccer that we didn't get the job done. But there's nothing to be ashamed about."

lol, America? <_<