Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

• Admin

Yeah Wigan haven't looked bad, in the little of this match I've actually got to watch :P

Jack Rodwell starts for Manchester City as the champions take on Southampton, as does striker Carlos Tevez. Jay Rodriguez and Nathaniel Clyne both make their league debuts for Southampton. Nigel Adkins' team are captained by Adam Lallana.

Wigan have done OK actually, you sort of felt after the penalty that they could have folded like a pack of cards and got hit for eight again but they've been more than equals. The PL just wouldn't be the same though without a Wigan great escape.

Looks like a case of "how many" for City today if you ask me.

I wouldn't completely write off Southampton, they're not a bad side. City should win easily enough, but I'd be surprised if this was a mauling.

I'm backing Southampton to stay up and want them to but with Man City's home form last season, I am expecting four or five if I'm honest.

Good to see Lallana starting - will be good to see how he fares against elite opposition - and Ward-Prowse too, who I've heard a lot about.

Edited by Pesci

Well, I have Aguero (Kompany) and Yaya in my fantasy team.. so I hope I'm right. :shifty:

Great minds think alike (Y)

I don't know who 'Gazanigga' is on the Soton bench, but he is already right up there with Tiote, Albert and Given already.

• Admin
TjS6Y.png

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Silva, Rodwell, Toure, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez.

Subs: Pantilimon, Milner, Dzeko, Kolarov, Savic, de Jong, Balotelli.

XyGPS.png

Southampton: Kelvin Davis, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Fox, Ward-Prowse, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Puncheon, Rodriguez, Guly.

Subs: Gazzaniga, Lambert, Steven Davis, Sharp, Richardson, Shaw, Seaborne.

Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart starts after recovering from the back injury that kept him out of England's friendly in midweek and the champions' solitary summer signing, Jack Rodwell, lines up alongside Yaya Toure, David Silva and Samir Nasri in midfield. Boss Roberto Mancini reverts to a four-man defence and Carlos Tevez partners Sergio Aguero up front. Newly-promoted Southampton hand a debut to their £6m record signing Jay Rodriguez and fellow new-boy Nathaniel Clyne, but they are without midfielder Jack Cork who is missing with an ankle injury. Rickie Lambert only makes the bench despite scoring 27 goals in the Championship last season.

Well, I have Aguero (Kompany) and Yaya in my fantasy team.. so I hope I'm right. :shifty:

Great minds think alike (Y)

I have Kompany too! :w00t:

So close! I have Kompany, Yaya and Tevez. Just feel he'll click this year, happy or not. Hoping he's realised, without a good season behind him, big teams can't justify the big move he desires.