Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Baddar saying that made me look into it, and Liverpool have had 18 different goalscorers this season, with only two of them (Wisdom and Coates) netting just a single goal.

Wasn't expecting that.

Is that just in the league too? Surprising, given how much they've talked about United's 19 different scorers as of late.

Oh, no, that's all competitions. Didn't realize you were talking about just in the league :P

Edit: It's only 15 if you're just counting PL goals. Still nothing to turn your nose up at, though. Especially for a one man team :shifty:

Yeah, that's why it's been talked about as being so impressive, then.

Saying that, did United have any other scorers in the Cup comps that didn't score in the league? Can't think of any, unless Jones grabbed a goal somewhere.

Anyone else going to the parade today? Starts at Old Trafford at 6 but apparently that's capacity controlled so you'd have to get there around 3.30/4ish when it opens to guarantee a place I imagine. I can't make it that early so I'll probably go to the end at Albert Square. Hopefully it's not pissing it down.The weather is alright at the moment which, knowing Manchester, probably means the heavy downpours will start exactly at 6!

Is it true that the biggest defeat United have suffered in all comps this season is by a one goal deficit? I'd argue that's more insane.

I don't recall us losing by a bigger margin, so no.

Although we did need two more to put Real out in the CL, but yeah, still only lost it by a goal.

I can't make it that early so I'll probably go to the end at Albert Square.

Good to see that they're dropping in on the Eastenders cast for the London based fans.

• Like 3

Rodgers is the 7th longest serving current manager in the Prem now after Mancini getting sacked. Shows how crazy the Prem is these days in terms of hiring/sacking managers.

That would be the greatest swerve in the history of humanity.

I'm not sure if this is a bad decision or not. On one hand he's been successful pretty much the whole way but on the other he's been shite in the Champions League and probably should be winning something with the squad he has.

Probably the best thing for both parties anyway