Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Howard Webb? Well that's my afternoon ruined even earlier than expected.

As predicted. As the guy next to me said, he must be getting sick of sarcastic applause from our lot when he actually gives a nailed on foul, but its not reputation, he really does referee in his own special way every time. Complete inconsistency in 'ball to hand' decisions and 50/50 headers (same situation, different call in a red shirt), giving a foul when Ramsey fell over, and playing an 'advantage' when Papiss Cisse was the only player on his feet in the Arsenal half 50 yards from goal on the touchline (which admittedly is a more dangerous position for Cisse than 6 yards out). The man's a joke. Didn't make a huge difference to the result for once though, the penalty appeals looked hopeful live, though the freekick for the goal looked very soft.

Only caught the very start of MOTD due to my early start this morning, but I had to agree with Shearer about the Arsenal celebrations. Obviously I'd love for my team to be in the Champions League again, but all the bowing and tossing about with water bottles like you've won the league? Cringeworthy to the extreme. Special praise for Santi Cazorla who didn't join his teammates, choosing to just have a chat with Jonas and Colo in the centre circle instead, so obviously we're signing him in the summer.

Good sendoff for Harps, though I much prefer the after match one where he stood in the centre circle with his kids. The 'minute' celebration for Petrov made perfect sense as he wasn't in the spotlight otherwise, and I get the logic behind Di Matteo at Chelsea, but for a current player it just ruins the flow of the game (worse still that he's only recently become number 37). Sheer luck there was a foul that allowed Webb to slow the game enough that Szcesny could clap along...

Otherwise poor season with some high points (Chelsea at home and the Europa League), hopefully better next year, though as we discussed yesterday our direct debits for next season have already started so no option but to go regardless. Clever Mike.

Edited by Colly

Villa fans taunting Spurs? :huh:

Erm, yeah? What's your point?

Are you only allowed to have banter with the teams who finish below you?

If that was the case, Matt would be all by himself :/

I can't even mock Adam because he can just bring up the playoff final :(

Still, there's always Myke, Leyton Orient will always be shit :P

I can't wait until some Saudi buys us and we become the next Chelsea

Just watched MOTD and what the fuck were Stoke wearing? It looked horrendous.

If they didn't have the random white bits on the arms it wouldn't be too bad, but yeh I do agree with you that it is pretty awful.

Bit misleading that one. For example, Marko Marin has been infinitely less effective than Moses this season - but because this was so evident, he wasn't allowed enough playing time to rack up such stats of shitness.

talking of stats, I think this is pretty interesting

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/2012-13-premier-league-in-numbers

118: Following his goal on the final day, Javier Hernández has averaged a goal every 118 minutes and 29 seconds on average in the Premier League – a faster rate than any other player (with more than 10 goals) in the history of the competition.

Impressive.