nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

• Admin

A 21-year-old man with has been charged with assault and entering the field of play by South Yorkshire Police following Sheffield Wednesday's home match with Leeds on Friday.

Aaron Cawley, from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, is due to appear at Sheffield Magistrates' Court this morning.

He has been jailed for four months after pleading guilty. Also he is banned from all football grounds for 5 years and Leeds United have imposed a lifetime ban on him, .

Punch a goalkeeper: 4 months. Interrupt a boat race: 6 months.

That makes no sense.

Boat guy pleaded not guilty, unlike this guy.

• Admin
Fulham reject Blackburn's request to speak with first-team coach Billy McKinlay about replacing Steve Kean at Ewood Park, BBC Sport learns.

Rovers have turned to their former midfielder after failing to land Tottenham's Tim Sherwood, their first choice candidate.

• Admin

So Jason Wilcox next?

Police are investigating a message posted on Bolton Wanderers player Marvin Sordell's Facebook page.

A mock-up photograph showed the England Under-21 striker with a gun pointed at his head and blood across his face and chest, along with an abusive message.

The page appeared earlier this month after Sordell claimed on Twitter that he and three teammates had been subjected to racist chants.

Scotland Yard said its officers were investigating.

A spokesman said: "No formal allegations have been made to us but officers have been investigating the claims made through the club media and social media.

"Investigations still continue."

The Football Association is investigating the claims of chanting made on 6 October, after Millwall beat Bolton 2-1.

Sordell, 21, said derogatory remarks were made to him and teammates Lee Chung-Yong, Darren Pratley and Benik Afobe at The New Den ground.

The two clubs are also investigating the striker's remarks.

I weep for humanity. :(

I thought he already had a lifetime ban from most stadiums <_<

See, if the reports are true and he bought it on his friends membership card then that guy should also be banned too. He wouldn't have been able to get into the stadium without the card.

Apparently the previous banning orders were for minor offences and had expired. Even if not, I don't know how they could prove whose card he used to get in the ground... I doubt he'd grass his mate up. Should have charged him for both public nuisance and common assault, though, 4 months in prison isn't enough.

Lennie Lawrence and Curtis Fleming are to take charge of Crystal Palace for tonight's game at Barnsley amid reports Dougie Freedman has left the club to take over at Bolton.

Freedman has left Palace, according to SSN.

BREAKING NEWS: Dougie Freedman leaves Crystal Palace after nearly two years as manager. All the latest on #SSN

I thought he already had a lifetime ban from most stadiums <_<

See, if the reports are true and he bought it on his friends membership card then that guy should also be banned too. He wouldn't have been able to get into the stadium without the card.

Apparently the previous banning orders were for minor offences and had expired. Even if not, I don't know how they could prove whose card he used to get in the ground... I doubt he'd grass his mate up. Should have charged him for both public nuisance and common assault, though, 4 months in prison isn't enough.

First hand report from court staff, he's saying he was just really pissed. Apparently a model prisoner too, lovely lad. Obviously that's by comparison to other criminal twats, so he's still a criminal twat...

Phew. Thought we'd chucked it, but a last minute winner from Iain Hume gives us a 2-1 win away at the leaders Tranmere. Their first defeat of the calendar year at home, and it moves us into the top 6.

Thanks for that, was worried that Stevenage were going to have to settle for second. Now the title is a certainty ;)