nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

I think we're the third biggest after London and Manchester. But like I said it's more to do with our Jewish ownership during the Revie era.

Huddersfield fans are a horrible set of cunts in truth, they've caused as much if not more trouble than the likes of Millwall and Cardiff have at Elland Road over recent years, they constantly use the Y word/Nazi salutes and are probably the worst club for using Turkey chants. A few years ago they had a special charity shirt that happened to look like the Galatasaray shirt (I accept that was probably an unfortunate coincidence rather than anything more sinister), watch Huddersfield on TV and you'll struggle to pick one of those shirts out of the crowd, against us there must be hundreds of them turn up.

• Admin
Global advisor Shebby Singh says Blackburn will not be forced to sell their main assets if they fail to win promotion back to the Premier League.

Rovers, who were relegated in May, are 13th in the Championship after 21 matches.

"We are managing our finances really well. If we don't get promoted, we still will be able to sustain the team," Singh told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"Financially, we are way better off than most clubs in the Championship."

But Singh could not guarantee that no first-team regulars would leave at the end of the season if the club fail to win promotion, adding: "Some players have been brought in for specific functions and reasons.

"As is normal in football, there will come a time when certain players are moved on, but we want to hang on to our assets.

"If you don't hang on to a core group of players, around whom you can build the team and the club, there's no point in having long-term plans.

"What I'm trying to do is build a club that can survive and sustain."

Blackburn signed 12 new players in the summer as they prepared for their first season back in the second tier: Danny Murphy, Leon Best, Nuno Gomes, Fabio Nunes, Paulo Jorge, Edinho, Dickson Etuhu, Colin Kazim-Richards, Jordan Rhodes, Nuno Henrique, Diogo Rosado, and Grzegorz Sandomierski.

Among them were experienced internationals Danny Murphy and Nuno Gomes on free transfers, while Rovers broke their transfer record to sign Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes for £8m.

But their return to the Championship has not gone exactly as planned - manager Steve Kean departed at the end of September, despite the club being firmly in the play-off places, while new boss Henning Berg has won only one of his eight matches in charge.

"Thirteenth is a bit of a false position for us, given the squad that we have," said Singh. "We have done it in bits and pieces in matches and we need to do it over 90 minutes, to be more consistent.

"We are near, but not near enough."

Singh also revealed that he and Berg have yet to discuss any possible transfer targets they may pursue during the January transfer window.

Shebby Singh was the special guest at BBC Radio Lancashire's Blackburn Rovers forum - you can listen to the programme again on the BBC iPlayer until Wednesday, 19 December.

I think we're the third biggest after London and Manchester. But like I said it's more to do with our Jewish ownership during the Revie era.

Huddersfield fans are a horrible set of cunts in truth, they've caused as much if not more trouble than the likes of Millwall and Cardiff have at Elland Road over recent years, they constantly use the Y word/Nazi salutes and are probably the worst club for using Turkey chants. A few years ago they had a special charity shirt that happened to look like the Galatasaray shirt (I accept that was probably an unfortunate coincidence rather than anything more sinister), watch Huddersfield on TV and you'll struggle to pick one of those shirts out of the crowd, against us there must be hundreds of them turn up.

Proper animals that lot, im at uni at Huddersfield and I see more Leeds/Man United/Liverpool gear in town than I do for the dog botherers.

The poor sods think that theyre our number 1 rival, bless em, our main local derby is Bradford and after that, Sheffield(s).

I think he's done OK. They got off to a good start to the season, had a terrible run of form over Autumn, but have shown signs of recovery in the last two or three games. Bakary Sako is a contender for signing of the season. I can understand the dissatisfaction of Wolves fans but I'd be giving him time if he was managing my team.

• Admin
Leeds United was today on the brink of a new era with new owners set to be formally announced at a morning press conference.

Dubai-based GFH Capital Limited will be formally unveiled as the club's new owners.

GFH capital executive David Haigh joined the Leeds United board of directors earlier this month and he is being joined by fellow GFH Capital executives Salem Patel and Hisham Alrayes.

"We are delighted, but also honoured and proud to be the new owners of Leeds United Football Club," said David Haigh.

"We have had over 4,000 e-mails of support from fans and we have been overwhelmed by the reaction.

"Everyone we have spoken to in the city has been fantastic, and the atmosphere on Wednesday night was incredible, and we look forward to bringing more of the same to Elland Road."

Salem Patel said: "We're looking forward to a bright future. This is a fresh start for the footballclub, and we welcome fans both old and new to Elland Road."

The pair added: "From a business point of view this is an exciting investment and it is also exciting for GFH Capital and we look forward to Marching On Together."

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20121221/a-new-dawn-for-leeds-united_2247585_3015619

The Haighmaker!