nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Roy Keane.

He was at the City Ground today.

So I've heard. Given his most recent Championship experience with Ipswich, at least towards the end of his tenure, I can't see any way in which he's an upgrade from O'Driscoll. I know he's an ex-Forest player, but that obviously doesn't guarantee any degree of success.

Roy Keane.

So I've heard. Given his most recent Championship experience with Ipswich, at least towards the end of his tenure, I can't see any way in which he's an upgrade from O'Driscoll. I know he's an ex-Forest player, but that obviously doesn't guarantee any degree of success.

You're forgetting the vital thing about Keane. He's managed in the Premiership, therefore Better Manager.

What's that? He quit Sunderland as soon as things got tough? And he achieved piss all with Ipswich? Sorry can't hear you over PREMIERSHIP EXPERIENCE THEREFORE BETTER MANAGER. Here's £20 Million Keano, away you go. :shifty:

At least that's what I'd assume would be the only "logic" in letting Keane getting anywhere near the job

Roy Keane.

You're forgetting the vital thing about Keane. He's managed in the Premiership, therefore Better Manager.

What's that? He quit Sunderland as soon as things got tough? And he achieved piss all with Ipswich? Sorry can't hear you over PREMIERSHIP EXPERIENCE THEREFORE BETTER MANAGER. Here's £20 Million Keano, away you go. :shifty:

At least that's what I'd assume would be the only "logic" in letting Keane getting anywhere near the job

I'm obviously not cut out for these managerial hiring hijinks.

• Admin
Blackburn Rovers global advisor Shebby Singh says the club have no immediate plans to appoint a new manager.

Rovers, lying 15th in the Championship, sacked Henning Berg on Thursday after only 57 days in charge at Ewood Park.

"There have been no appointments made, nor will there be in the immediate future," Singh told BBC Radio Lancashire.

Reserve team coach Gary Bowyer will take charge for Saturday's game against Barnsley at Oakwell.

Berg replaced Steve Kean on 31 October but the club won only one of their 10 matches during his time in charge.

Assistant manager Eric Black, coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms also left the club, who are 17th in the Championship.

Former Blackburn managers Mark Hughes and Kenny Dalglish have been linked with the vacancy, while former Aston Villa first-team coach Kevin MacDonald is also likely to be a candidate.

Singh approached MacDonald in November about the possibility of him becoming Berg's assistant.

Former Hull City manager Phil Brown has already expressed an interest in the job.

Brown has been out of management since his departure from Preston North End in December 2011.

The 53-year-old was expected to take over at Hartlepool United in November, but negotiations stalled and the club appointed John Hughes instead.

"My CV is certainly going in - I think it is a fantastic opportunity for somebody," Brown told BBC Radio 5 live.

lolwut.

Elsewhere, Mark Robson has left Barnet, meaning that Edgar Davids is now the sole head coach.