nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

So BBC Sport has apparently added extra games to some of the teams on the Championship table. Not that I'm complaining, it's given Blues another 3 points and moved us up to 14th :shifty: .

I may have mentioned this before(or may not have, I'm not sure) but I have a soft spot for Brighton, ever since that USM demo forced you to play as them.

For someone who doesn't get to see any non-premier league games, how are they looking this season? I usually see them hanging around just below the promotion playoff spots, whenever I check the table online/in the paper.

• Admin
Wycombe goalkeeper Jordan Archer was attacked by a fan in the closing stages of the visitors' 1-0 win at the Priestfield Stadium.

Kent Police confirmed a man has been arrested on suspicion of assault following the incident.

The supporter jumped on top of the 19-year-old, who is on loan from Tottenham, in injury time.

The player did not receive treatment, was not hurt and carried on for the remaining few seconds of the match.

Archer had just been booked for time-wasting but was unhurt in the incident.

"There are silly people sometimes at football grounds," said Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth.

"They give the rest of the Gillingham fans a bad name.

"I know Jordan, he's a tough lad. I don't want to comment on it too much but everyone's OK."

In October, Leeds fan Aaron Cawley was jailed for 16 weeks for attacking Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland.

• Admin

STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE LMA ON BEHALF OF ALEX MCLEISH

The League Managers Association (LMA) has issued the following statement on behalf of Alex McLeish following his departure from Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Nottingham Forest and Alex McLeish have agreed to part company by mutual consent.
Alex McLeish said: "I am extremely saddened to be leaving after such a short period but even so it has been a privilege to be manager of such a fantastic football club and I want to thank the players, staff and fans for their support and wish Nottingham Forest the best of fortunes ahead.
"Both parties entered into the relationship in good faith, however, there was a difference in the understanding of the development strategy of the football club and it was felt by both parties that we should part company."

He's eying up a return to Villa, I bet ;)
I thought you liked Summers?

Caus I think the merest suggestion of that scenario will have him reaching for the bottles of sleeping pills and whiskey.

He's eying up a return to Villa, I bet ;)
I thought you liked Summers?

Caus I think the merest suggestion of that scenario will have him reaching for the bottles of sleeping pills and whiskey.

Aye, they're packed in my 'Mania bag and I'm ready to murder Jimmy.