nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Hey guys. Just looking around. Might be moving in next year..
Not much happens in here, it's just me and the resident Blackburn fans complaining how shit our clubs are playing, Adam and Myke occasionally keeping us to date with Donny and Orient respectively and Lineker informing us of managerial hirings and firings. I somewhat hope Villa get relegated just to make this thread more active :shifty:

Being as this apparently is a thread filled with negativity, I feel I should post occasionally to remind people that I am delighted with how things are going at Charlton Athletic; we have a universally popular manager, a talented squad tailored towards good football, and in spite of our disappointing defeat to Sheffield Wednesday today we are still comfortably clear of the relegation zone with a faint hope of the play-offs. I love the Npower Football League! :)

• Like 1

Hey guys. Just looking around. Might be moving in next year..

Not much happens in here, it's just me and the resident Blackburn fans complaining how shit our clubs are playing, Adam and Myke occasionally keeping us to date with Donny and Orient respectively and Lineker informing us of managerial hirings and firings. I somewhat hope Villa get relegated just to make this thread more active :shifty:

Aye, we're a growing group and talkative. We'll bring life to this.

Silver linings, eh?

Also Colchester ended a run of 9 straight defeats to move out of the relegation zone, I feel this is reason to celebrate. Mind the attendance levels are awful now less than 3,000 today I think. Should have built a stadium in the town really...

Also Colchester ended a run of 9 straight defeats to move out of the relegation zone, I feel this is reason to celebrate. Mind the attendance levels are awful now less than 3,000 today I think. Should have built a stadium in the town really...

Alternatively, assemble a team that isn't ridiculously crap :P

He used to be shite

But now he's alright

Walking in a Mooney wonderland!

We ended Notts County's unbeaten 22 game away streak. Good times!

And if you haven't heard our manager Russel Slade speak, you must. He sounds so lovely.

• Admin
The High Court hearing that will decide the future of Portsmouth Football Club has been adjourned for a third time, until 14 February.

Administrators PKF have agreed to sell the club to Pompey Supporters' Trust (PST), but on the condition they buy Fratton Park from former owner Balram Chainrai.

In response, PST chairman Ashley Brown said: "Our bid is virtually complete and the additional time will allow the final i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed, before the case is put before a High Court Judge. We remain confident we will take control of the club by early March."

• Admin
Gillingham boss Martin Allen reveals he left a phone message for his chairman Paul Scally about a 'Premier League' club making an offer for one of their players.

"Mr Scally called my mobile 1.7 seconds later asking who it was and which club it was? I let him know it was from Lewes (Ryman Premier). The phone line went dead and I must say I laughed and laughed and laughed."

• Like 1

Stephen Warnock signs, Habib Habibou is set to complete his move before the deadline. This is according to Andrew Haigh from The Sun, though, and he's almost never right about anything <_<

Edit: That was supposed to go in the deadline day thread but who cares?

Gillingham boss Martin Allen reveals he left a phone message for his chairman Paul Scally about a 'Premier League' club making an offer for one of their players.

"Mr Scally called my mobile 1.7 seconds later asking who it was and which club it was? I let him know it was from Lewes (Ryman Premier). The phone line went dead and I must say I laughed and laughed and laughed."

Martin Allen is a legend.

• Admin
Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio releases a statement to the Swindon Advertiser saying he is considering his position at the League One club. The Italian claims the club, who announced a takeover subject to Football League approval on Wednesday, sold influential winger Matt Ritchie to League One promotion rivals Bournemouth behind his back.

"It is with great regret that I issue this statement but unfortunately the events of the last few days have left me with no alternative other than to consider my position," says Di Canio. "With the club selling one of our best players behind my back and continually making promises that are broken, I feel at this moment that my job is not just impossible but is untenable."

Swindon are away to Crawley Town on Saturday.

Bad day at the office for the top teams today in League One. We suffered our first away defeat in 13 (a run stretching back to September 1st) to lose 2-0 at relegation threatened Bury, but stay joint top after Tranmere go down 1-0 at home to Carlisle. Brentford got thrashed 3-0 too, but Swindon currently playing are drawing and Bournemouth are coming up behind us after winning at MK Dons. We do have a game in hand on them to try and open up a 7 point gap again though.