2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Big shoes to fill for whoever replaces him after his performance in Madrid. Knowing Fergie he'll probably choose Giggs...

Team I'd like to see is; De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Cleverley, Rooney, Kagawa, Van Persie

I would like that too - got a feeling Rio will play instead of Vidic though.

The homewrecker who you would have worshipped if he had played for you will definitely make an appearance I am not sure it'll be from the start though, who fills in for Jones is the key question. Not sure if Anderson has the fitness or if Cleverley has the defensive discipline, Fergie could throw a wild card and have Rooney fill in there with Kagawa behind RVP perhaps?

Looking forward to the match no matter the result, great tie.

The homewrecker who you would have worshipped if he had played for you

As a player I'd have loved him. As a person I'd still think he's a cunt of the highest order. Although not exactly the same, how many Leeds fans do you think still love Jonathan Woodgate after what happened with the Asian lad? Very few and most of those are probably racist planks.

• Like 1

Yes, Giggs.

Since if John Terry is a cunt for cheating on his wife with the ex-girlfriend of a former teammate, then Ryan Giggs is an ultra cunt for cheating on his wife with the wife of his brother. For eight years.

Of course I agree with the "if he were on your team you'd still love him as a player" point too.

I love Giggs and he's not even on my team.

Last season I chanted for El-Hadji Diouf though. Are you a fan of him at Leeds, Matt?

I think he's a good player but he's definitely a cuntfor what he's done in the past. I'd never idolise him like giggs is idolised. And let's be fair what Giggs did is much worse.

Edit: other than "that Aussie cunt" - kewell, shrek - Rooney, homewrecker - Giggs, scum - man utd and "those turkish cunts" - galatasaray I'm not sure what slang I use on here. :/

Big shoes to fill for whoever replaces him after his performance in Madrid. Knowing Fergie he'll probably choose Giggs...

Team I'd like to see is; De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Cleverley, Rooney, Kagawa, Van Persie

It's a toss up really because both Vidic and Rio are both in form. In may end up being Rio though considering Vidic played Saturday, but I just always feel more at ease with Vidic playing because he's a beast defending set-pieces, he gets his head on everything.

It's a toss up really because both Vidic and Rio are both in form. In may end up being Rio though considering Vidic played Saturday, but I just always feel more at ease with Vidic playing because he's a beast defending set-pieces, he gets his head on everything.

Vidic has been great as of recent, though Ferdinand/Evans didn't really do anything wrong in the first leg, they were both bloody good, certainly Ferdinand. I'd be happy with Vidic in there, but I expect it'll be Ferdinand considering Vidic played at the weekend.

Outside of that, I expect the same team as you said. Welbeck to start again considering he worked his ass off in the first leg and got himself a goal. It'll depend on the score going into the final quarter or so of the game, but it'll be a massive shame if we don't see Hernandez feature at all. Always thought he'd be a key player in this tie.