World Cup 2014 Qualifiers

Baddar

Definitely the right time for all parties. I'm grateful for him for getting us to the Euros but the style of football was just never sustainable. Neither has his ridiculous favouritism for mediocre players and insistence on sticking with the ageing squad after the debacle that was Euro 2012.

Need to get someone in now who's willing to overhaul the squad and build a team around the future, adopting an international version of the Dortmund model if you will. Martin O'Neill will probably be the man and I'm happy with that.

That's going to end well. :shifty:

There was a weird constant resistance to Trap in Ireland, mostly because he was old and from away-away not like Jack Charlton who wasn't that old and only from England and he happened to have a deep well of talent to pick from.

The thing is, Ireland has a very shallow pool of players to pick from. I don't see how Martin O'Neil would do the job any better.

The absolute worst choice would be Roy Keane though.

• 4 weeks later...

Robin Van Persie has just scored (his third of the game), making him the all-time top scorer of the Dutch national team, surpassing Patrick Kluivert, who's on the bench as a coach.