The New Kit Thread

Adidas are determined to make Petr Cech look like an utter twat aren't they? Having said that, it's not as bad as the one David James had to wear in the FA Cup semi-final:

PompeyGK.jpg

David James' hair is evidence that he actually quite likes looking like a twat. >_>

• Like 1

Chelsea - I actually really like that one, simple and effective, much better than their recent efforts. Would prefer the stripes all way down th sleeve, the long sleeve version fo that will look odd.

Liverpool - That pattening reminds me so much of the early 1990's "Candy" shirts. Again what's with the missing sections on the sleeves?

Blackburn - Awful. Looks like a Man U rip off, they should stick with the red and black halves, it looks good and makes them different.

Bolton - A hanky covered in sick would have been an improvement on this years. Don't like the silly patterns with the trim, nor the random red, they could have at least made that bit orange and blamed the sponsor.

Burnley - OK, very similar to this years.

Norwich - IT'S JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL!!!! :) I like it, would love it a little more witha bit of blue flash to add to the green, in keeping with the Aviva logo.

Well, that'll be the only time Joe Cole gets to wear that kit.

Who's the bird they've got wearing the Liverpool kit anyway?

Fernando Torres' twin sister Fernanda

Have they just pasted the new Liverpool shirt on an old photo of Torres? Those shorts don't really match the new shirt, surely they should be the same colour/texture? And I'm sure Standard Chartered is a huge company, but that font on the sponsor makes it look really League 1.

Chelseas is simple but looks alright, defo better than last years. Blackburn, as pointed out is a dull red shirt. Boltons looks as daft as the last one, sponsor far too big. Burnleys is delightfully old school, and seems to have been designed to be made really easily on pre PS3 Pro Evo's, Layer 1 collar, layer 2 sleeves, layer 3 white bits.

Maybe Kappa told Pompey they'd give them more money if they could make David James look like a div?

For info, Newcastles kit launch was meant to be yesterday, but that ruddy volcano has postponed it.

Edited by Colly

That isn't the new Arsenal shirt. I saw it last week and found it hard to dislike it. However someone has shown that 6-8 parts of it are exactly the same from a photo shoot done with the current kit - where it folds, the red lines on the sleeves looking wonky, the inside of the collar. Etc. So no, that's not it.