The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I really can't stand Mourinho since he's came back to England. He's just so whiny, self-important and mostly just a massive hypocrite in nearly every interview he gives.

You know,, for a nasty Spurs POS, you do speak some sense. Jose Mourinho used to be entertaining but now he is,overwhelmingly petty and unpleasant.

He's pretty much put me off Chelsea altogether. That and the Mata nonsense.

Has there been any particular reason given/suggested for exactly why Juan Mata has been constantly left out of the Chelsea starting XI this season? It seems rather stupid given that he was widely regarded to one of the best players of all of last season (I think only Van Persie, Bale & possibly Aguero scored more goals than him, but I could be and quite possibly am wrong).

Then again Mourinho is also the manager who put Romelu Lukaku out on loan again despite him turning into a fairly prolific goalscorer, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised...

Yeah, says Mata doesn't do enough for the team, or something. It's to do with work rate, tracking back etc. Which I couldn't disagree more with. I couldn't give a toss if a player doesn't track back too much if he's in the figures for assists and goals Mata's been in the last two seasons.

Luiz and Mata were Rafa mainstays, it's just Jose being Jose and trying to prove some sort of point.

:lol:

The most hilarious tosh.

Hazard was a Rafa mainstay. Torres was a Rafa mainstay. Ramires was a Rafa mainstay.

Should I stop there or does your paper-thin vendetta theory need to get shredded some more?

I think part of Jose's problem this time around is that his cocky, arrogant attitude appeared fresh when he first came on the scene. Now, people are seeing him as a whiny prick, despite not changing all that much.

Holloway tried it, and it never worked for him.