The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

If he doesn't move his foot and suarez runs into him it could have broken some ribs. There's no momentum in the kick cos him moving takes the sting out of it. Booking yes, red card never. Shit refereeing all game long.

He moved his foot into Suarez' ribs though......it is a red card all day long. He kicked the player in the chest, after making a deliberate move towards the player, how can it not be a red?

If the ref hadn't given so many bad decisions before the red then the Spurs players wouldn't feel so hard done by and make challenges like the Holtby one.

Excuses for poor tackles?

Poor form.

Not excuses, just how the minds of sportsmen work at any level of sport.

If the ref hadn't given so many bad decisions before the red then the Spurs players wouldn't feel so hard done by and make challenges like the Holtby one.

Poor form.

Not all sportsmen, because not all of them clatter into players just because of a few bad decisions.

He should have realised that now, of all times, is probably not the best time to be picking up cards.

Poor form.

I think they're more aggrieved at getting twatted at home :shifty:

I honestly think he is trying to move his leg away. If he raises and keeps it there and Suarez runs into him it could have been horrible.

I'll need to see it again, but the way it looked to me, he only hit Suarez because of the movement. If his leg would have stayed straight, he would have missed him, but as he moved it to the right, he caught Suarez in his ribs.