The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

As a Liverpool fan the Chelsea game will be a massive war, but there's no way I'll believe they'll win the title until all games are played (we could easily drop points in the other three games). At this point I'm still expecting City to win it, Hendersons' suspension hurts Liverpool a lot because the squad is so thin, and I just can't see the streak continuing until the end, especially without Hendo in the side, he's very important at the moment. It'll be a great achievement if they do win it, an absolute upset though as far I'm concerned. The title really is City's for the taking still I think.

Edited by kaya

Sunderland are shit though.

...and have bizarrely got quite a decent record against City in recent years, have they not?

Sunderland are shit though.

...and have bizarrely got quite a decent record against City in recent years, have they not?

Yeah, there was definitely a time where they were considered one of our "bogey teams", along with Everton. I agree they've been pretty crap as of late, but I'm not taking anything for granted, as I said earlier. You haven't won a game until you've actually won it

The combination of last summer's debacle with transfers, combined with how many players the club actually needs to not be in a relegation battle does not fill me with hope.

At least Joe Kinnear won't be around this year.

Latest idle gossip emanating from Spanish papers is that Diego Costa will join Chelsea for "£50 million, wages included" in the summer.

Not that I expect said rumours to be of much substance, but it's awfully telling that papers now resort to "wages included" figures because they feel that the actual transfer fees aren't extravagant / mind-blowing / OMGaren'tchelseaterribleruiningfootballwithmoney enough...

If Costa supposedly has that £32m release clause that some say he has, the spare £18m in that figure over a 5 year contract would be about £70kpw. Seems rather too neat and tidy, methinks.

Yeah, him. Chelsea fans got immediately hopeful that this injury would put him out of the CL semi finals, only to then be told that actually it's just a cut that happened to bleed a lot and he's okay.

Whether that's true or not...meh.

As a Liverpool fan the Chelsea game will be a massive war, but there's no way I'll believe they'll win the title until all games are played (we could easily drop points in the other three games). At this point I'm still expecting City to win it, Hendersons' suspension hurts Liverpool a lot because the squad is so thin, and I just can't see the streak continuing until the end, especially without Hendo in the side, he's very important at the moment. It'll be a great achievement if they do win it, an absolute upset though as far I'm concerned. The title really is City's for the taking still I think.

On the flip side Gerrard's no longer one yellow away from a suspension. Henderson's engine is pretty important and will probably mean that Lucas and Joe Allen will need to play to make up for the lack of him.

I'm mostly interested in whether Norwich will again shit themselves at the sight of Luis Suarez on Sunday more than anything else. :shifty:

Given that he is back in petulant child mode, probably not.

He has been in that mode most of his Liverpool career and still has scored three hat-tricks against them. :P

I think yesterday's performance from Suarez was mostly down to Demichelis doing a very good job at marking him.