The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

The deadline (aka The Bates Rule) only applies if you'd have gone down without the deduction, in theory if we were to finish 9 points above the relegation zone and go into administration on May 30th (which is technically before the season ends even though all games have been played), we'd be relegated. Even if we could get away with not paying the wages, the club have borrowed a lot of money from a lot of people on the basis that we'd get taken over and they'd get paid back then (or in Cellino's case he'd wipe it off if he took over), if Cellino fails then calls in his debts... Well we're fucked.

At least we'll

The deadline (aka The Bates Rule) only applies if you'd have gone down without the deduction, in theory if we were to finish 9 points above the relegation zone and go into administration on May 30th (which is technically before the season ends even though all games have been played), we'd be relegated. Even if we could get away with not paying the wages, the club have borrowed a lot of money from a lot of people on the basis that we'd get taken over and they'd get paid back then (or in Cellino's case he'd wipe it off if he took over), if Cellino fails then calls in his debts... Well we're fucked.

At least we'll

....be able to visit Crawley?

• Like 2

GFH have demanded that the league make a decision today on the grounds that this delay is unprecedented and damaging to the club. The chairman of GFHC is also flying out to meet with potential new investors if the Cellino deal goes tits up.

Another thing I'm slightly concerned about is:has anyone ever failed the FPPT before? If not I'm curious to the legality of it since from a strictly business point of view, it's got fuck all to do with them

Do not quote me but I believe Luton owner John Gurney was rejected by the test some ten years ago or so. He was the guy who wanted to merge Luton with Wimbledon among other outlandish ideas and was duly told where to go. Not that things got any better for Luton.

We really are the drizzling shits at the moment. We've only won 2 of the last 10, and have picked up one point in the last 5. We've only won twice at home all season. Clark needs to go, I know our team is pretty bollocks at the moment, but we need someone to try and mix things up, or else I'm pretty certain we'll be going down this season.

We really are the drizzling shits at the moment. We've only won 2 of the last 10, and have picked up one point in the last 5. We've only won twice at home all season. Clark needs to go, I know our team is pretty bollocks at the moment, but we need someone to try and mix things up, or else I'm pretty certain we'll be going down this season.

You look atrocious but I don't think you'll go down. Got enough points on the board to stay above water by eeking out the odd win here or there between now and May. I will be amazed if the three teams that go down do not come from the current bottom four.

You look atrocious but I don't think you'll go down. Got enough points on the board to stay above water by eeking out the odd win here or there between now and May. I will be amazed if the three teams that go down do not come from the current bottom four.

I don't know if staying up is a good thing though. The club needs a complete overall, so possibly getting relegated would help build up the younger players, but of course that may not be the case. Either way we need to stop relying on youth loan players.

But it really is appalling, I don't even follow the games anymore, I just check the score afterwards because I'm so certain that we'll lose.

I don't know if staying up is a good thing though. The club needs a complete overall, so possibly getting relegated would help build up the younger players, but of course that may not be the case. Either way we need to stop relying on youth loan players.

But it really is appalling, I don't even follow the games anymore, I just check the score afterwards because I'm so certain that we'll lose.

Sometimes it is too tough to get back though. Big clubs have taken their time to get back up and some, like Bradford, have dropped even further.