The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

So that's McDermott sacked then.

Probably. Might wait until the end of the season though.

Yay for Leicester! Might have to look into a few tickets for next year now! :D

Glory Hunter :/
  • Like 2

QPR and Derby both lost so Leicester are promoted to the Premier League. Benji will be dancing on the streets of Loughborough tonight!

It still hasn't sunk in (may have something to do with the fact we didn't even actually win in order to get promotion). It seems so weird that around ten years ago ago we were practically going out of business, we got demoted to League 1 for the first time in history, and have generally had one of the most tumultuous decades in our history. I was glad we didn't go up last season because we weren't ready, and I was really glad that we didn't go up over Knocks' stupid penalty, but damned if I'm happy to go up now. It won't be easy, but I've got high hopes that next season we won't be going straight back down again, even if it's going to be a battle against relegation.

No one could sack him whilst the ownership situation was up in the air and at the minute there's kinda no point. We should just about be safe and we can't finish in the playoffs... or even close.

I'm intrigued as to who you think we have that makes up a half decent squad. McCormack, Byram and Butland are the only 3 I'd want to see in our side next year, Murphy, Mowatt (especially because of his potential), Pearce and Smith I could live with as part of the squad but the rest are fucking wank.

No one could sack him whilst the ownership situation was up in the air and at the minute there's kinda no point. We should just about be safe and we can't finish in the playoffs... or even close.

I'm intrigued as to who you think we have that makes up a half decent squad. McCormack, Byram and Butland are the only 3 I'd want to see in our side next year, Murphy, Mowatt (especially because of his potential), Pearce and Smith I could live with as part of the squad but the rest are fucking wank.

Austin has always been a stand out when i have seen you play. Brown is an insufferable little shit though.

You must have caught Austin's semi-annual "I'm an absolute beast" games, 19/20 games he does nothing but lose possession, hit the ball in to row z and let opposition players walk past him with the ball. I'd genuinely rather play Brown and that tells you how bad he is.

• Like 1

Big win for Leeds today. All but ensured are championship status for another season (not that it was in any real doubt, mind.) Hopefully, we get a good run of results out of our next few games to set us up nicely for next season. Was nice to see Murphy grab a couple of goals, too.