The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Poor Donny.

At least we can all take solace in another tenuous link for Liniker to support yet another team. "RW can't ban me, I'm a Blackburn fan because my Grandad followed them when he were a lad!"

• Like 1

Last minute goals changing everything here!

Birmingham have equalised, does that keep them up?

And Brighton look like they've sneaked into the play-offs with a 92nd minute winner!

Yep, it's confrimed. Birmingham stay up, Donny down. Brighton in the play-offs at the expense of Reading.

• Like 1

• Admin

If we can tighten up the defence a bit and clear some of the dead wood out, theres real signs of potential for the Rovers for next year.

• Like 2

I feel emotionally drained from that game. Say what you want about Zigic, but he's always involved in all the important goals, and he'll be missed next season.

If we can tighten up the defence a bit and clear some of the dead wood out, theres real signs of potential for the Rovers for next year.

Bowyer has been a revelation, really grown into the manager role. As long as we can keep Rhodes and Gestede we should be in decent nick next term. Cairney has begun to shine towards the tail end of the season as well. I expect we need a new number one as Robbo can't last much longer, Kean and Eastwood aren't up to scratch. Would love to see Keane and Kane taken on permanently if possible.

I hope either Brighton or Derby go up. QPR or Wigan would be boring!

Brighton would be my choice. Derby is an easy away day for me. QPR and Wigan are much better equipped for life in the Premiership though.

• Like 1

Michael-Keane.jpg

Michael Keane has Blackburn Rovers at the top of his wishlist if Manchester United decide to send the defender out on loan to the Championship again next term.

The 21-year-old, who can play in central defence or right-back, joined Rovers in March and after being involved in losses in his first two games - including in his debut against derby rivals Burnley, Keane did not taste defeat in the remaining 11 games.That sequence of results at the end of the season was not quite enough to propel Gary Bowyer's men into the top six, but Keane has fond memories of his time at Ewood Park.

He will now go back to parent club United, whose managerial situation is in limbo following the sacking of David Moyes last month.

"First things first I'll have to see who gets the United job and then see what happens," Keane told the media after the 4-3 win over Wigan on Saturday. If I was coming to the Championship I would definitely consider coming back to Blackburn. I've had a great time here and I've seen how good the team is and I seriously think next season they will be pushing for promotion."

Keane struggled to hold down a regular first-team spot at Derby during a spell with the East Midlands club earlier in the campaign but was a regular under Bowyer with Blackburn. The defender added: "When I first came it was just initially to get a few games but it has ended up being much more than that.

"We've put a great run together lately and it has been a good push for the play-offs. In the end we ran it close, but just not quite close enough."

You've probably already read this but if Brighton don't get promoted I want to be welcomed back into this thread next season, so I'm totally trying to curry favor with Niner and RW. :w00t:

You've probably already read this but if Brighton don't get promoted I want to be welcomed back into this thread next season, so I'm totally trying to curry favor with Niner and RW. :w00t:

Oh, I see how it is. :/

As I stated a couple of days ago, I would like to see Keane stay at Rovers.

• Like 1

• Admin

Leeds United have been issued with a winding-up petition by Sport Capital. The company, that former managing director David Haigh is associated with, are owed in the region of £1m. The money was given to the club as a loan but the date for repayment has been missed and the petition is set to be considered at a hearing on 9 June.