Europa League 2013/14 Thread

Lineker

I'm loving Townsend out on the left. I know he was pulled over to terrorise their number 5 who's a bit of a lumbering beast but hopefully he'll be sent back to the left.

Gylfi has been good too as has Lamela. We've generally been fine without a proper "holding" midfielder. In fact we've been very fluid. Rose has been decent on his return and Capoue's last ditch tackle was spot-on.

I've been pretty enthusiastic about seeing Holtby deeper and letting someone else play as a number 10. Siggy's doing well, but I'd love to see Lamela as a number 10 & Townsend and Lennon on either wing. It's definitely something we should be doing at home against 'smaller' teams.

Lamela doesn't work down the left and Townsend is far too selfish down the right. I hope AVB's plan to play Lamela on the left is little more than an experiment - he'd definitely work down the middle if given some time, or on the right when we're not reliant on width.