Europa League 2013/14 Thread

Lineker

Lamela scored amd I went crazy. That was a wonderful moment and the crowd really poured their love out to him at that moment....and again with the run for the penalty after that. Phenoninal footwork and a great burst of pace.

On our way up tonight the three of us all agreed that a Lamela goal was top of our wishlist...so that worked out well.

• Like 1

• Admin

The first half was possibly one of the worst first 45 minutes of football I have ever seen. Think I actually dozed off at one point.

Then, as half time started, the stadium announcer said "Ladies and gentlemen, if you turn your attention to the big screens, we have the first half highlights for you", and I shit you not, the entire stadium burst out into audible laughter. Absolutely hilarious, I was giggling for a good few minutes.

Second half was much better - Lamela took his goal superbly and was a different player after scoring, Defoe got the record, and rather hilariously, when Sheriff scored, one solitary man with a flag started waving it like crazy and going wild. Brilliant.

GoGo is right though, Sheriff should be good enough for second, really. Also Jimmy is right, Lamela needs to start against Newcastle on Sunday.

It was cold and the first half was mostly pretty poor. Kaboul was well off the pace. Capoue started well but as the game went on he worsened (but then he is just coming back to fitness).. Harry Kane did well whenever the ball came in his direction. Gylfi wasn't great, Eriksen wasn't either. Vertonghen was mostly at his unflappable best but made a couple of mistakes. Walker played well although he's started ducking under everything and it catches him out sometimes.

Lamela though....he made the whole trip worth it. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Chiriches should start every game. On one leg, he is better than Dawson.

Yeah, Chiriches has played his way into a starting position. I think he might have started vs. City if not for the broken nose + playing midweek.