2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

What a ridiculous call from the ref. Just another reason why football needs replays for refs.

And what the fuck? The ref didn't even give them any added time.

Was a stonewall penalty.

Also, who would have thought it, Greece vs Costa Rica? Wonderful stuff!

What? He tripped over his own feet.

https://vine.co/v/MtnO7MAx0OQ

Well, I'll be :blush:

I don't get the Greece hate, they play with so much heart and dedication. Them winning at the Euros is still the top footballing moment I've witnessed in my 12 years of life. Though it would be better to watch Drogba take Ivory Coast to the quarter finals or Japan to surpass 2002.

I'm legitimally scared by Colombia if we get them in the quarter finals.

• Like 1

Colombia are looking pretty darn good, and considering that they don't have Falcao available they're still quite the scary prospect. Shame about the Ivory Coast, but Costa Rica Vs Greece could prove to be a decent game

So, the first two matches of the round of 16 are made up by four south american teams. I kind of like that.

Costa Rica are Central American, and yes there's a big difference in their eyes.

Huh? The continent is South America.

South America stops at Colombia. Panama, Costa Rica etc. is part of North (or Central) America.

He's referring to Chile/Brazil and Uruguay/Colombia. Technically there is no such thing as central America ;)

And the winners play each other. One South American team in the semis guaranteed.

Ecuador Argentina is in play as well.

What a ridiculous call from the ref. Just another reason why football needs replays for refs.

And what the fuck? The ref didn't even give them any added time.

Was a stonewall penalty.

Also, who would have thought it, Greece vs Costa Rica? Wonderful stuff!

What? He tripped over his own feet.

https://vine.co/v/MtnO7MAx0OQ

Well, I'll be :blush:

He clipped the Ivory Coast's player's leg first. It's a penalty. You can't block a player's attempt at goal, unless you're going for the ball, no matter how accidental. Very unfortunate on Ivory Coast's part.

He's referring to Chile/Brazil and Uruguay/Colombia. Technically there is no such thing as central America ;)

Well of course all things "Central American" are north of the canal and thus North America. The terminology here varies between geographic, cultural, and linguistic. All things south of the canal are geographically South America but Guyana, French Guiana, and Suriname both culturally and linguistically (Anglophone, French, and Dutch respectively) are very Caribbean but then get split along their linguistic differences. Then of course all the Spanish-speaking countries get lumped culturally into Latin America due to a shared language tradition despite there being distinct cultural differences in Mexico or, say, Honduras from Chile or Argentina.

The message of all this being from experience don't call someone from Panama a Mexican or South American, they're neither and it bugs them. Like calling a Scottish person English.