The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Great weekend for us!

Yeah it really was. Spurs lost points, Southampton lost points and Man U lost points. Chelsea did too though while that doesn't and won't affect our position it's still nice to see :shifty:

Two points gained on Chelsea.

We'll win the league now!

If Liverpool or Spurs could get their act together, 4th is there for the taking.

We've picked up 20 points from the last 24 available. Pretty sure our act is together >_>

Liverpool are 7th :mellow:

And we could be 5th by the end of the day, two points behind fourth.

Hang on, how did no one pick this up.

It's actually statistically impossible for you to be 5th :huh:

I am not good at maths :shifty:

The more ridiculous thing is since he wasn't booked, he can be retrospectively suspended. If he'd been booked, no action could be taken.

I know I'm a bit late on this but I think this was changed in the off season. I think the referee has to say after the match that he thinks he may have made the wrong decision but I seem to think that the FA can now ban a player even after the referee has made a decision on the incident.

As for the incident itself, it's a red card all day long for Barnes. Did he mean it? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a reckless challenge that deserves a red card. Matic too deserves a red card for his reaction; even though his reaction is completely understandable, you can't react as he did.

• Like 1

Jose is wonderful. I've always liked him. The points he made on GoS with regards to certain things were spot on. The problem comes when he suggests his team gets nothing, when that's far from the case. His players have been pushing and pulling opponents in the box at set pieces for ages. Most teams do it. I'm pretty sure Ivanovic was tugging Suarez back before he got chewed too, if my memory serves. :shifty:

He got goals at the start of the season and didn't do much else (not that it mattered, because goals are what he was brought in for), but that's largely because most of the service was dedicated to him. Once clubs figured that out and neutralised him, he's been less than useless, particularly since Pearson insists on high balls crossed into the box to him, which he never gets on the end of because he's being marked.

The more ridiculous thing is since he wasn't booked, he can be retrospectively suspended. If he'd been booked, no action could be taken.

As for the incident itself, it's a red card all day long for Barnes. Did he mean it? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a reckless challenge that deserves a red card. Matic too deserves a red card for his reaction; even though his reaction is completely understandable, you can't react as he did.

He passed a ball. How is that a reckless challenge? Not every collision is a foul, not every injury is someones fault. Are we saying that Lewis Cook should have been sent off and receive a hefty ban because Jelle Vossen got hurt and lost consciousness on Saturday? Again it's perspective and reactions creating something out of nothing. I repeat, In yesterdays game Aaron Cresswell went in late for a challenge on Kyle Walker catching him high up on the knee studs up. Walker was unhurt and got up and shook his hand and the incident disappeared. Had Matic not got up and been an idiot there's a significant likelihood nobody would have talked about that incident either.