The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

If we are going off the positions of teams after 4/5 games and declaring what the seasons gonna end up like then I can't wait for Southampton and Villa to tear it up in the Champions League next season...

On one hand I think there's a few new players on the squad so it's gonna take a bit time for them to gel. But on the other the fact that Suarez and Sturridge scored so many and our attack was great last season papered over a lot of the cracks our defence has.

Mignolet needs to learn to be assertive and communicate with the defence and the defence needs to learn to communicate with each other. I imagine there'll be a lot of frustrating games this season but I can't see why we can't challenge for top 4 again.

I want someone to explain to me how it is scientifically possible for Papiss Cissé to score.

Twice.

In less than 45 minutes.

He + scores * when

he √ wants

• Like 4

I don't understand why Martin Keown, or anyone else, is mentioning Liverpool's return to Champions League football as though it's relevant to these losses. It's September. They've played *one* CL game. At home. Four days ago. Against one of the shittest teams in the competition. Do we get teams crying about being unable to cope with Capital One Cup matches ffs?

Proving once again that football fans are too thick to actually organise a good protest because it'll disrupt the match experience and they paid good money for those tickets.

I'd say moreso that away from shit forums and Twitter no one actually gave a shit.

That Adrian thing is winding me up now. He doesn't even see the player, catches the ball, then slowly slides into whoever it is, lowering his leg as soon as he sees him. If that's a foul I don't even understand football anymore. Had the contact been the other way round the pundits would be saying 'he had every right to go for it' as the keeper gets kicked in the head...

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly
  • Like 3