The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I'd rather listen to him talk about John Terry than watch another series of 'Rio's World Cup Wind ups'.

He just strikes me as a five year old child in the body of a thirty something year old man, see his comments about Moyes banning chips.

• Like 1

Roy Keane: Noted Manchester United legend and thug.

The first incident is ridiculous.

a) It looks as though Keane was trying to trip Haaland when he lost control of the ball.

b) Haaland was in front of him when he went over so would have assumed that Keane had dived to win a penalty, despite knowing he'd won the ball fairly. Most players would have told Keane to get up and stop faking it. Little did he know that Keane had injured himself.

Then instead of being adult about it and sorting the incident out off the field, Keane stores up a childish quest for revenge for four years and then assaults Haaland.

b) Haaland was in front of him when he went over so would have assumed that Keane had dived to win a penalty, despite knowing he'd won the ball fairly. Most players would have told Keane to get up and stop faking it. Little did he know that Keane had injured himself.

I'm not one to defend Keane but this is silly. There's no point in getting into a downed players face and telling them to get up and stop faking. It's a dick move that's made solely to provoke someone.

Loads of players do that, if nothing else just to immediately ensure that the ref at least doubts the idea of giving a pen.

I still to this day think that the second Keane made his admission that the Haaland assault was premeditated he should've been prosecuted. He's scum.

I'm not one to defend Keane but this is silly. There's no point in getting into a downed players face and telling them to get up and stop faking. It's a dick move that's made solely to provoke someone.

Keane looked over at him and tripped him. Then it was Keane that went down. Haaland would have felt the Keane trip and then saw Keane down in the box despite him being the guy that was fouled.

Similar to Gascoigne in the 1991 FA Cup final. If he'd not gotten himself injured while fouling someone he'd have ended up getting sent off probably.

• Like 1

So the "round of PL games abroad" idea is being banded about again by Scudamore. I wish they'd just lay it to rest.

Unless there's an extra game outright, making it 39 matches (this idea was thrown out years ago), it's unfair on teams to lose out on a home match.

It has implications at the top and the bottom. I don't think Jose would want his "home" game against Liverpool in Abu Dhabi or wherever the fuck, and a team like Sunderland having to play Man City miles from home.

And I totally get why a 39th game is also unfair. No one wants to play Chelsea twice, let alone 3 times. :shifty:

So, yeah, Newcastle are finally going to build a new training ground.

There's a barbecue area!

Our coaches couldn't run a barbecue.

Özil out for 10-12 weeks.

Sigh.

I feel this is a good time to bring this Fabregas quote back up:

"Arsenal were the first option due to a clause in the contract. We spoke with Wenger and he said that with Ozil they had this position well covered."