The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Basically we're still getting ripped off, but since the proportion of revenue that comes from tickets is miniscule who gives a shit. It's the fundamental flaw in the 'if Newcastle fans hit Mike Ashley in the pocket he might go' argument.

Looking forward to trying the 'cost per home goal' thing later on, I don't think it'll be pleasant.

I'm glad I don't have a season ticket I would love one don't get me wrong but a members card has been fine for me for years.

I can go all the cup games and have my seat guaranteed and if I wanna go the Prem games I get priority over general sale. Only shit thing is certain games require you to have been to so many games and it's hard to build the number of Prem games up due to not being able to get a ticket cause they'll sell out before you are eligible.

• Admin
Football fans could have a greater say in the running of their clubs, under radical plans proposed by Labour.
Supporters would have seats on every board and the right to buy a significant slice of a club's shares when its ownership changes.
Labour say it would be "the biggest legislative shake-up in the governance of English and Welsh football clubs since the advent of the game".
Only 14 league clubs currently have fan representatives on their board.
Swansea City are the only Premier League outfit among the 14, with the Swansea City Supporters Trust owning 20% of the club.
But if Labour win next year's General Election, fans' trusts could be able to appoint and remove up to a quarter - and not less than two - of a club's directors.