Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

• Admin
Huddersfield Town have offered former Charlton boss Chris Powell their vacant manager's job. BBC Radio Leeds understands contracts have been drawn up for the 44-year-old and his assistant Alex Dyer. The Terriers have been without a manager since parting company with Mark Robins the day after their 4-0 opening day home defeat by Bournemouth.

Oh, and Oscar Garcia did get the Watford job!

Leeds is exactly the type of job a rookie manager should take as his first job. :shifty:

No joke on nothing, I started my current FM career off unemployed, first job, Leeds.

I was actually reading about the LeSaux thing the other day. Fowler apparently stated on Twitter he was young and stupid and was sorry he did it. It was something I had no real recollection of until I read it.

Leeds is exactly the type of job a rookie manager should take as his first job. :shifty:

You forget that Robbie Fowler was player/manager of Thai club Muanthong Utd for 15 games!

• Admin
QPR could be refused future entry into the Championship if they fail to pay a potentially huge fine for breaching Financial Fair Play rules. Chairman Tony Fernandes has indicated he would appeal against a fine from the Football League, which would be around £54m if losses for Rangers' promotion season matched the £65.4m in 2012-13. But if the club don't pay, the FL can block entry to its own competitions.
Oh man please get relegated QPR.
  • Like 2

I always felt that Fowler got some undeserved stick at Leeds. The whole selling him on and paying him for years was a bit of a joke but 12 goals in 22 games in his first year wasn't overly bad. Seemed to taper off in the next season with 2 in 8 so...hmm.

Not sure on him as manager though. But as people are alluding to, it's probably a shit job for anyone to take.