The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Oh fuck off Oliver.

While I agree with you that it was daft, but you can't do something like that without running the risk of getting sent off.

That's true. Just so ridiculous you can get sent off for that.
Is it bollocks. It's a complete lack of respect for the man in charge of the game, you don't take action against Di Maria then what's to stop every player grabbing hold of the referee?

In rugby you'd be looking at a lengthy ban for that

When he's performing this poorly, should he be respected?
Yes. Next retarded question.
  • Like 7

Oh fuck off Oliver.

While I agree with you that it was daft, but you can't do something like that without running the risk of getting sent off.

Is it bollocks. It's a complete lack of respect for the man in charge of the game, you don't take action against Di Maria then what's to stop every player grabbing hold of the referee?

Yep. He's had a good game, and a good game with Rooney in his ear every time the ball goes dead as per usual. Spotted two blatant dives now.

Oh fuck off Oliver.

The quality (or lack of) the referee's performance is irrelevant: you can't put your hands on him in any situation. It's not just about "respect", it's about playing by the rules of the game. Di Maria didn't do either of those things

Oh I'm not querying the red card. ADM has made an appalling error in judgement, and will probably get at least 3,4 match ban, but respect the ref? If managers made as many mistakes as many referees have this season, a lot of them would be sacked by now...

Right - first and foremast, that wasn't a penalty.

Secondly - it is exactly the same as Rojo's on Welbeck in the first half. The commentators were adamant that one was a foul but Januzaj is a dirty, stinking, foreign diver?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Oh fuck off Oliver.

Yes. Next retarded question.

I'll remind of that, next time you're spouting off in the Football League thread.

Right - first and foremast, that wasn't a penalty.

Secondly - it is exactly the same as Rojo's on Welbeck in the first half. The commentators were adamant that one was a foul but Januzaj is a dirty, stinking, foreign diver?

Same way Evans "isn't that type of lad" while Cisse is the devil. That's the British media, welcome!
  • Like 3

Di Maria hasn't pushed the ref over or abused him as some are making out, he's tugged the back of his shirt very tamely to speak to him :/

And you can't do that. If Di Maria can do it then everyone can do it and we'd have anarchy on the pitch in every game.
  • Like 1

Oliver has had a good game in my view.

This. I think he's gotten pretty much every big call right. Considering he's got 70,000 United fans screaming at him he's kept his cool and got the big decisions right.

• Like 2

Di Maria hasn't pushed the ref over or abused him as some are making out, he's tugged the back of his shirt very tamely to speak to him :/

Sam, you're deluded.

You've got every other Man Utd fan, including myself, saying it's a red card.

Sam, he put his hands on the ref. It's a straight red. There's literally no arguing about it.

Second yellow wasn't it?

It was - should've been a straight red is what I meant.

I'd agree that Oliver hasn't had a bad game. My only question mark would be the Bellerin incident. Given what he's given out other yellows for, consistency would say that he should have got a second.

A minor gripe though. Gutted because we've actually played well tonight. It's been a really good game to be fair.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind
  • Like 1