The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Shouldn't be putting his hands on the ref anyway. Only has himself to blame no matter how soft he grabs him there is no need to grab the ref.

About time the refs had a bit of a backbone, they are meant to be the position of authority on the field.

Edited by DavidMarrio
  • Like 1

Oh fuck off is that a sending off. Pathetic ref. Bottles an actual red and then sends someone off for tapping on his back.

It's at least a second yellow. Arguably it's a straight red for putting his hands on Oliver.

As for the 'actual red', I'm guessing you mean Bellerin? Hmmm, possibly but it wasn't clear cut.

Oh fuck off Oliver.

While I agree with you that it was daft, but you can't do something like that without running the risk of getting sent off.

That's true. Just so ridiculous you can get sent off for that.

Soon enough you'll see a captain sent off before the kick off for shaking the refs hand too hard.

Oh fuck off Oliver.

While I agree with you that it was daft, but you can't do something like that without running the risk of getting sent off.

Because you should be able to pull refs about when they're making decisions? Why on earth should that be allowed?

• Like 7

Oh fuck off Oliver.

Is it bollocks. It's a complete lack of respect for the man in charge of the game, you don't take action against Di Maria then what's to stop every player grabbing hold of the referee?

In rugby you'd be looking at a lengthy ban for that

• Like 6

Oh fuck off Oliver.

Is it bollocks. It's a complete lack of respect for the man in charge of the game, you don't take action against Di Maria then what's to stop every player grabbing hold of the referee?

When he's performing this poorly, should he be respected?

Oh fuck off is that a sending off. Pathetic ref. Bottles an actual red and then sends someone off for tapping on his back.

It's at least a second yellow. Arguably it's a straight red for putting his hands on Oliver.

As for the 'actual red', I'm guessing you mean Bellerin? Hmmm, possibly but it wasn't clear cut.

Fellaini literally made two stupid tackles in quick succession like Bellerin did and got a yellow.

• Like 1

Fellaini literally made two stupid tackles in quick succession like Bellerin did and got a yellow.

Fellaini had given about five or six fouls away before those two stupid tackles.

• Like 1

Oh fuck off Oliver.

When he's performing this poorly, should he be respected?

The quality (or lack of) the referee's performance is irrelevant: you can't put your hands on him in any situation. It's not just about "respect", it's about playing by the rules of the game. Di Maria didn't do either of those things

I'm not sure the Bellerin one warranted a second yellow, but in the context of what he's given yellow cards for in this game it absolutely was.

Di Maria absolutely should've gone. No question about it.

By the letter of the law Bellerin should have probably gone but there are countless incidents every weekend where players are given a final warning for that kind of tackle if they've already been booked.