The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

That Liverpool display was eerily reminiscent of the United performances they've been slating the last few weeks.

Least our performances aren't like that on a weekly basis. Blackburn will be tougher game than you lot.

• Like 1

That Liverpool display was eerily reminiscent of the United performances they've been slating the last few weeks.

No it wasn't.

How is being ponderous in possession and running out of ideas the same thing as being fucking shit and getting bailed out by your keeper?

Troll on with hope in your heart.

• Like 1

Liverpool were "bailed out" by Mignolet today with that save from Baptiste.

Oh wait, no they weren't. He was doing his job.

I think the point is that De Gea is doing is job exceptionally and it compensates for the tactics and rest of the United, particularly the back four, team being a big bag of wank.

The keeper "doing his job" is kind of irrelevant.

Liverpool were "bailed out" by Mignolet today with that save from Baptiste.

Oh wait, no they weren't. He was doing his job.

I think the point is that De Gea is doing is job exceptionally and it compensates for the tactics and rest of the United, particularly the back four, team being a big bag of wank.

The keeper "doing his job" is kind of irrelevant.

But we're still scoring as many as most of the other teams, and conceding less. :P

Also at one point (can't find the current stats) were the second highest in defensive errors leading to shots, while being the lowest in defensive errors leading to goals.

Stats are fun! :P

I legitimately believe if it weren't for De Gea, United would be struggling majorly.

And that's a bad thing? Having a good goalkeeper is a bad thing right, and clubs should be criticised for that?

Not criticising a team for that, just pointing out that De Gea is seriously masking just how truly terrible Man United are defensively.

If they make the top 4, I reckon it will be the worst defensive unit to ever make the Champions League.

This is why it's frustrating. I don't think any Utd fan here is saying we're playing great football this season.

A few years ago, it was very much lol, De Gea from opposition fans. Now, it turns out he's better than most, if not all, of the others and yeah, I'm loving the fact that we have a great goalkeeper. I can't wait until our defence gets sorted out and we become tough to break down, as well as having DDG behind them.

This is why it's frustrating. I don't think any Utd fan here is saying we're playing great football this season.

No but a vast majority of you are denying how shit you have been and how lucky to be as high up the table as you are.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed that game, solid defensive display and we had a couple of chances. Depending on where the replay fixture is placed on the calendar we may get a weakened Liverpool side so there could be some hope.

How come every time Liverpool are on TV, we always end up talking about Man United?

No it wasn't.

How is being ponderous in possession and running out of ideas the same thing as being fucking shit and getting bailed out by your keeper?

Troll on with hope in your heart.

You were "fucking shit", that's how it's the same.

• Like 1

• Admin

No one cares about Utd or Liverpool, all hail the mighty Rovers.

You know you've had a bad game when Lee Williamson comes out of it looking in the least bit competent.

• Like 2