The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

BBC captured the faces of a whole bunch of them. One meth riddled pillock in particular was jumping at the bit to get back on the pitch and was actually being held back.

To be fair it is the biggest moment in Villas history in at least a decade.

I understand that the context of recent general shitness adds to it, but it is only five years since Villa's last FA Cup semi final appearance.

Commentators were ridiculous though. Like a scene from the 80s and ruined the competition my arse.

Issue was them saying it about the post match invasion. Which we see almost every season in cups/playoffs/beating relegation/etc.

• Like 1

Commentators were ridiculous though. Like a scene from the 80s and ruined the competition my arse.

Issue was them saying it about the post match invasion. Which we see almost every season in cups/playoffs/beating relegation/etc.

The post match invasion is a little dodgier in this instance due to the derby nature of the game, I'd argue. Not saying they shouldn't have done it, but there was potential for some issues to arise out of that.

To be fair it is the biggest moment in Villas history in at least a decade.

I understand that the context of recent general shitness adds to it, but it is only five years since Villa's last FA Cup semi final appearance.

True but the shitiness of the recent time adds to the significance of this cup run (edit: I just realised I basaically paraphrased what Stok said in replying to him because I'm an idiot) I imagine that result means more to the Villa fans than the quarter final win five years ago. I think the fact Villa are staring relegation in the face makes this cup run VERY important to them.

Baggies fans ripped up seats and threw them at Villa fans after they went down to 10 men.

Shame Villa fans were demonised by the commentators while Baggies fans were genuinely trying to hurt people.

Hopefully both clubs get fined.

4pm kick off.

Strong team line up from us, hoping we can have a relatively straight forward game today and secure a semi spot but Blackburn are going to be up for it.

Off to Anfield now!!