The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

:lol:

He didn't 'get a hand to it'. His hands were in the right position to save the initial shot. The ball was then deflected and it struck his arms.

Getting 80k a week doesn't change anything. Anyone who has played in goal will have had stuff like that happen and know that there really isn't anything you can do, it's all luck.

Wasn't exactly a great deal of pace on the ball, and yeah I've played in goal plenty. Someone of De Gea's class should be saving that. I'm not saying he's at main fault for the goal, but I'd expect someone of his calibre to be making those important saves.

Wasn't exactly a great deal of pace on the ball, and yeah I've played in goal plenty. Someone of De Gea's class should be saving that. I'm not saying he's at main fault for the goal, but I'd expect someone of his calibre to be making those important saves.

I don't see what anyone actually thinks he could have done. De Gea goes for the original flight of the ball, there's no fault in that.

Rooney looked offside to me.

Please tell Martin Keown that it doesn't matter if he doesn't touch it. That's not the rule.

Wait, that isn't the rule, right? You don't have to touch it to be offside?

Don't let little things like facts get in the way of commentating.

To be fair, I don't Shrek is offside there. The ball goes across him and thus he not obstructing the keeper's view. Tough one to call though.