The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Meh, really good game - congrats Arsenal in the end.

BBC commentary/punditry remains fucking awful. I like how they have Roy Keane as the "United presence" when he has hated us ever since Fergie got rid!

Oh well - at least I can join the old man in supporting Reading for the rest of the competition.

BBC commentary/punditry remains fucking awful. I like how they have Roy Keane as the "United presence" when he has hated us ever since Fergie got rid!

Danny Murphy isn't too bad, but I can't believe we've had the ITV pundits sans Chiles tonight, plus Savage, Lawro and Phil Neville doing a child's impression of a commentators voice over the weekend. I actually find myself missing Alan Hansen.

On the big talking points;

Stupid from Januzaj. Fucking bellend.

Di Maria had to go. Was it a 2nd yellow? He's lucky it wasn't a straight red. Missing him in the Spurs game is bad enough, let alone Liverpool and Villa too.

Although the booking Di Maria got for diving was no different to Sanchez up the other end a few moments before, and he got a free kick.

Valencia's pass back was unforgivable. THAT is why the fans boo passes back to the keeper at times like that. It generates unnecessary pressure.

Well done to Arsenal.

• Like 2

I thought the referee had a brilliant game. Agreed with everything and wish more stood up to players like he did.

And it's so weird seeing a Man United side this poor. Ferguson is an all time great manager but the team he left behind was weak and it's just getting worse.

• Like 1

What annoyed me about the red was Sanchez bought a foul exactly the same way as Di Maria did and got a free kick, Di Maria did the same thing and got a yellow for diving. Fellaini commits two stupid tackles one after the other and gets booked. Bellerin does the same and doesn't get booked.

This same ref allowed Joe Hart to run 20 yards up the pitch and stick his head in his face without a repercussion too. Just the inconsistency of it all drives me nuts.

Much like the inconsistency of United, doing okay in first half so Van Gaal makes two subs and the midfield was shit again. It should have been Blind off for Carrick as Blind was so far off the pace. (As was Shaw).