The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Two fouls which, in the context of the game and other cards given out, were both yellow cards to be fair. I don't think Bellerin deserved to go though, but can see why people are questioning it.

I still can't work out where you're going with this, in no way were the two fouls Bellerin committed worthy of a second yellow, even moreso in the context of a game where (according to the BBC so it's Lineker's fault if wrong) the entire Arsenal team conceded 11 fouls to Fellaini's 8.

POLICE are trying to identify 11 men dressed in claret and blue shirts who invaded the pitch at Villa Park and played effective attacking football.

The impostors infiltrated the playing surface during Aston Villa’s encounter with West Bromwich Albion last week, only arousing suspicion when they exchanged a series of incisive passes followed up by meaningful attempts on target.

The Football Association has pledged to locate the intruders before they rob Villa fans of the dour 0-0 draws they have come to expect.

An FA spokesman said: “The suspects look a lot like Villa players, but their creativity in midfield immediately set alarm bells ringing.

“We would urge the public to be vigilant and let us know if they witness any more pinpoint crosses or nicely-weighted through balls at Villa Park, basically anything that looks out of place.”

Villa fan Stephen Malley said: “It set a terrible example to my kids. I covered their eyes when the shots on target started.”

• Like 8

Reading vs Bradford on BBC1, thanks, Lineacre!

Really want Bradford to go thru here. My gut feeling is that this will be scoreless. I can't remember, do away goals count? They don't, I'm sure.

So obviously as I type that Reading score.

I'm tired of hearing about Bradford now, so I hope Reading stick 6 past them.

Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford Bradford

• Like 4

That City player looked amazed when the referee gave him a red card. I've no idea why, it was the clearest red card ever

Well in fairness, in League 1 that's usually a yellow at best <_<

Jokes aside, I can't believe this is the same team that beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. They've been so poor tonight, even before they had a man sent off. By contrast, this is one of the best showings I've seen from Reading all season

If we go through I can't wait for an early kick off on a Sunday because "fuck people who aren't from London or the south!!"

• Admin
The FA Cup semi-final between Reading and Arsenal will be shown live on BBC One. The Wembley fixture will take place on Saturday, 18 April, at 17:20 BST. The match will take place on the same day as six Premier League fixtures, including Chelsea v Manchester United, which kicks-off at 17:30 BST.
Aston Villa will face either Blackburn Rovers or Liverpool in the other semi-final on Sunday, 19 April, at 15:00 BST live on BT Sport.